It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:36 pm

Free Newsletter

what weight should we be

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what weight should we be

Postby yummymummy » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:53 pm

I am currently 70kgs and my goal weight is 67kg ( Im 175cms)& I havent lost any weight in ages- I exercise and eat well most of the time(because we all need the odd treat!) Im begining to think that this is the weight Im meant to be, Im mostly happy with where I am but I still have quite a flabby stomach which I would love to see less off......
do you guys think we all have a natural weight we are meant to be at??? or am I just not pushing myself hard enough
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby milo » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:28 pm

I think if your comfortable within yourself and like the way you look then bugger the actual weight your meant to be, I am suppose to be 65kg and there is no way I will ever be that.

Maybe just do extra work on your tummy area and eat like you have been. Your only a few kilos off anyway, try not to stress about it
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:37 pm

hi jody i am supposed to be about 65kg according to my bmi. but i am at the point where i am comfortable where i am. you COULD push yourself harder and change a few things to perhaps get the scales moving again but i reckon that everyone gets to a point where their bodies say 'enough is enough'. its totally up to you what you choose to do. how do you feel in yourself?
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:36 pm

I plateaued at 68kg for AGES, and I thought it was just the weight I was supposed to be. Then after putting on 6kg I decided to pull my finger out and lose what I'd put on, and I kept going and now I'm at 66kg... so I think you might just need to shake up your routine a bit! That's what I did! I changed my eating a bit, started counting kJ instead of points, different foods and actually paying attention to how much Fat/Protein/Carbs/Fibre I was eating.

Maybe shake up your routine a bit??? Try a new exercise, introduce new (healthy!) foods to your diet, get out of the plateau. You can do it :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby originalmel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:54 pm

According to my psychology textbook, the hormone called leptin in your body is suppossed to level you off at a certain point. In a normal weight person, decreases in body fat cause decreases in leptin, which trigger the body's desire to eat more. Increases in fat cause increases in leptin, which trigger you to eat less to maintain your set weight.

Some people (overweight ones!) appear to be leptin resistant so are unable to haver at a set pont. Others don't produce enough leptin, and have low body fat no matter what they eat. Most obese people have been shown to have high leptin levels and thus enter a state of negative energy balance when they lose body fat.

Not sure if any of this helps but it sure helped me to remember it for my upcoming exam!!!

PS I have more info hear about obesity if anyone's interested.
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby SarahC » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:50 am

That is interesting Mel... it would explain why I turn into an eating machine as my weight goes down lol. I just blamed it on self-sabotage :lol:
SarahC

Postby yummymummy » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:15 am

Thats so interesting Mel and would so make sense with me every time I dip below 70 I dont have my usual day to day will power and Im starving making it seem to hard to stay on track but when Im at 70 Im happy and cruising
Do tell us more info!!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Return to Weight loss Talk