It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 am

Free Newsletter

starting over and over and over

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

starting over and over and over

Postby milo » Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Is it just me that does it. Sine joining this forum I feel like such a failiure because its my 3rd time I have started fresh lol and thats just since being on here, imagine before I wasnt a member. I just was interested in knowing is it just me thatr does this
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:05 pm

Hey milo - I don't think it's just you. I actually think it's quite normal!

They say it takes 21 days to create a new habit -- and 21 days seems like such a long time.

Just don't use the "falling off the wagon" thing as an excuse to throw all good actions out the window. Acknowledge what you've done but don't beat yourself up about it. Don't think of it so much as starting fresh each time, think about it as getting back on the wagon :) Otherwise, if you're starting fresh all the time, you're just focussing on the bad bits and not giving yourself any recognition for the hard work you've already done :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Don't worry about it. At least you have started fresh and not given up altogether. Just imagine where you would be if you didn't start fresh :?: Just keep going, and if you fall off the wagon just get back on again. Keep in mind that we have probably all been there and understand. :)
Judy
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:54 pm

lots of epople do it mel, they keep putting it off anf off again. its sorta like those people who are 'gunnas' theyre gunna do this or theyre gunna do that. the difference is if you actually get in there and do it. we all believe in you!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:27 am

I kept thinking "I'll start next week"... and next week never came! Or, I'd be good for a couple of days, then completely mess up and then start putting off starting again :roll: So, you are not alone Mel! Just keep trying your best and be patient with yourself :)
SarahC

Postby Livy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:23 pm

I think a huge percentage of people start again.
Like me for instance.
I became serious about losing weight when I had my second daughter. She is now 2, and I am still only 4kgs lighter than my very largest. I still need to shed 30kgs.
I start again every week.
In fact I am starting again next week. Lol
You are not alone, so don't stress.
Livy

Postby Chelle » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:24 pm

I think it quite normal I think it's called yo yo diet. I think it is just phases & we are dealt with tempations everyday that help us to either looses weight or put it on if you are going through a bad week. Everyone has the same problem.
Chelle

Postby Lols » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 am

im starting again too milo :) I recently went on holidays for 3 weeks and we did nothing but eat and drink etc - i have been back for a week and just continued with the binge - but now its back to it. I wish i was still on holidays :(

In the words of Dory on Finding Nemo "Just keep swimming" :wink:
Lols

Postby Monica » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:46 am

Don't stress, the fact that you have jumped back on the wagon is a good sign. At weight watchrs they said the difference between a 'fat' and 'skinny' person is that the 'skinny' person is the one who can jump back on the wagon again and again...

It's sooo true, don't be hard on yourself, life is a long journey and it's full of ups and downs - you are a working art
Monica

Postby Jisgone » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:53 am

just be patient, i think most people so through stages where they yoyo diet and have trouble sticking to it, one day youll have a light bulb moment (thanks kate :P) and everything will slip into place and it will suddenly become easy :) i dieted on and off for a good 5 years before i had my light bulb moment
Jisgone

Postby KimE » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 pm

I don't think you are a failure at all Milo. You can start over 1000 times if you like, that doesn't matter. That you are giving it a go is all that does and if you learn a little something each time all the better. I don't care what anyone says weightloss is NOT easy, keep going, we are here for you.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milo » Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:45 pm

I am back :D And as I said in another post I am going to take it 1 step and 1 day at a time. No pressure on myself but I am trying to put into my head 10 weeks of great eating then in 10 weeks I will be were I want to be... I will feel happy and great about myself.
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:19 pm

You will get there Mel!! Don't give up....sometimes you have to take it one day at a time, sometimes even 1 meal at a time, but you WILL get there mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:58 pm

Glad you are feeling so positive Milo :D Attitude is half the fight sometimes.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby tinker » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:52 pm

You're not a failure...you're just normal. Congratulations for getting back on the wagon so quickly. Last time I fell off the wagon it took me six months and 6kg before I regained my willpower. Persistence will pay off. You can do it!
tinker

Return to Weight loss Talk