It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Help?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Help?

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:52 am

Im having a little trouble comming to terms to why I still have flab. I started dieting back in september 06 and I have lost 31kgs so far. My current weight is around 85 but I still have flab in my buttocks (they still stick out) and my abdomen as well as my chest, it sticks out too much for my liking. I excersice for about 1hr 20mins a day normally 6 days a week this includes 45 mins of running, 15 mins of running up and down stairs and 20 mins of toning exercises.

After doing all this for this long I still have flab around the areas I have specified. So now I have become really disheartend that I have done all this work and not got the results I have wanted. is it possible for me to have a flat bum and chest and stomach if I just keep ldoing what I am doing? I plan to get down to 75kg but yeah its really disheatening to still have these problems after 31kgs where I thought it would only be little things for the last 10 kgs.

Thanks for any help
Nichtsicher

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:54 am

wow! thats a lot of weight so far. well done. what sort of plan have you been following? unfortunately some flab is always going to be there im afraid. especially if you were large to begin with. im sure some of the pt's on here can give you some points to follow and some exercises to target certain areas.
kate_turner2000

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:05 am

I dont want to be large. Thats why I did this in the beggining. Also if I cant loose all the flab then that would make me think. Why bother in the first place when I cant get the results that I want.

I didnt really have a plan. Weightloss is mental, no matter what anyone says. I just dont eat crap and I exercise. 3 meals a day etc. No soft drink etc. I dont drink coffe or alchohol anyway so I guess that helped
Nichtsicher

Postby slimmindown » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 am

Dont be to disheartened, just think of how much healthier your heart and body is for loosing the weight and getting fitter, and the things that you can do being smaller. You've done a fantastic job and you shouldnt sell your great achievements short :D

I too am worried about floppy skin especially around my arms, ther old tuck shop lady syndrome, :lol: but I will wait till I'm at goal, and then see how things are :)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Lolly » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:40 am

I would rather be thin and have flabby bits than ever be fat again. Think of them as "battle scars" - you have won the battle and they are just little reminders of where you have come from :D

I was reading somewhere the other day about this and how to reduce them but can't remember what it was or where it was, will go looking later - I am off shopping shortly :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:03 pm

Good job on losing all the weight you have so far! Maybe you need to think about changing around the foods you are eating and mixing up your exercise a bit? Have you thought of adding weights into your exercise regime? They really help in toning up muscles so that once you lose the fat you can actually see the muscles underneath!

As the girls have said, there are always going to be bits of you that you don't like, and losing a large amount of weight IS going to leave you with excess skin and flabby bits. But as Lolly said, isn't it better to be smaller, healthier and fitter than to just say "Screw this, it's not working exactly how I want it to work" and quitting when you've already come so far?
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Justjudy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:41 pm

Think about how far you have come so far - a very long journey. :) You must remember that genetics play a huge role. Unfortunately you cannot change an apple into a banana, so the basic shape and structure you have had all along is going to prevail no matter what. Lolly was right. If you still have some flab and loose skin, it is like your battle scars, and you should be able to wear them with pride.
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:24 pm

deb was right- think about how healthy your heart and body are going to be when you reach your goal weight. and the best part is that clothes can cover up the flabby bits!
kate_turner2000

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Im sure its good to think like that, and I know healthy is good, but I cant change how I think about the situation. I do use weights when I excersice so I was wondering if anyone has been in the same situation as me and it has worked out for them, like they have lost the excess flab in 5kgs or so
Nichtsicher

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:35 pm

ive only heard of surgery to remove excess skin
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:39 pm

Unfortunately there's always going to be bits of fat/loose skin leftover (well unless you are extremely lucky!). I'm pretty tiny myself but I still have fat deposits leftover on my tummy and inner thights... it's permanent fat there, not the kind that will go away with diet or excercise :( It is very disheartening I agree...

I'm having a go of a non-surgical fat reduction procedure to get rid of it. If you want, I posted the information in the "health and beauty" section.

I think you have to reach a point in time when you accept your body for what it is and be proud of your achievements :?
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:17 pm

SarahC wrote:I think you have to reach a point in time when you accept your body for what it is and be proud of your achievements :?

explains exactly where i am at the moment sarah :) nicely said :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:10 pm

Thanks for your kind words guys.

I would never give up, because I couldnt. Basically my diet has become what I do everyday, its no longer a diet. I no longer need to eat the stuff I used too. So I guess thats what everyone on a diet aims for.

Ive also upped my anti too. I run for 50 mins non stop and I run up and down stairs for 17 mins then weights/toneing excersices for 20mins.
Nichtsicher

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:39 pm

31 Kg is a great effort well done!! Look I was told off a personal trainer you have no choice what gene you were born with it's all part of genitics & life. No matter how hard you try to tone one part of your body it's not going to work unless you work all of your body part not just the area's you want to work. They will all tone down in an time/moderation but you dont have a choice in what order it will happen you just need to work harder in the problem area's & it will happen 4 you.
My problem area is my stomach, thighs & arm's everything else has toned except 4 my stomach area its gone down a little bit but still needs alot of work I've been working on it 4 a year now @ the gym & I'm still going until I get my results.

Keep up the good work you have done a super effort so far, just don't give keep on going well done :!: :!:
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:42 pm

Chelle wrote:31 Kg is a great effort well done!! Look I was told off a personal trainer you have no choice what gene you were born with it's all part of genitics & life. No matter how hard you try to tone one part of your body it's not going to work unless you work all of your body part not just the area's you want to work. They will all tone down in an time/moderation but you dont have a choice in what order it will happen you just need to work harder in the problem area's & it will happen 4 you.
My problem area is my stomach, thighs & arm's everything else has toned except 4 my stomach area its gone down a little bit but still needs alot of work I've been working on it 4 a year now @ the gym & I'm still going until I get my results.

Keep up the good work you have done a super effort so far, just don't give up keep on going well done :!: :!:
Chelle

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk