It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Goal Weights

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

:)

Postby Monica » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:45 pm

Sure is - makes the journey a little more interesting doesn't it.

You can borrow it haha!!
Monica

Postby milo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:23 pm

I should be between 63-72 but I am aiming for 70kg. First I want to get to 75 and take it from there
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Jisgone » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:31 pm

im going to reassess once i hit 70 kgs, thats when i hit the healthy weight bmi
Jisgone

Postby sanjo47 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:28 pm

Hi all - my thoughts on goal weights. The slimming group I belong to needs us to have a doctor's certificate stating what weight he would like us to reach. I personally think this is a very good idea as he is the best person to judge. My goal weight with WW is between 63-71kg & my doctor has set my goal weight to be 70kg.
I am determined to get there & when I reach this weight, I will reassess the situation. I may not change the goal weight as I will possibly feel comfortable when I get there. However, I am not an advocate at going lower because the fact is the older you get, it is harder to maintain that weight!! Quite a number of my friends who have reached their goal weight & went lower are really struggling to keep their weight down. My advice is to look at things realistically & not to obsess about it.
As I am diabetic, I have to think things through logically & not be intimidated by the image that we are all supposed to be "skinny mins". Also I have a wonderful doctor who has taken so much interest in my wellbeing - for which I am really grateful. :D Hope this helps a few people with their decision. Of course these are my personal thoughts. Good luck with the weight loss everyone!!

There's a brand new me on the way!
sanjo47

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:58 am

Well said Jane!! You are right there is a big pressure to be stick thin these days, no matter what your age, and there comes a time when we do have to accept facts and reality and realise that we are not meant to be that way....except those who naturally have that body type.....(my husband and youngest daughter have the "supercharged metabolism that we all crave!!) they will always be really thin, but that too also has its problems, both socially and health wise!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:58 am

oh ally i agree. mick (fiance) is one of those super charged people as well. he is 50kg and believe it or not is quite self conscious. he always tells me that here i am trying to lose weight and he wants to put a few kilos on. he would weigh in when i would just to see if he has put on weight! and just because he is small built doesnt mean he is healthy. he smokes and has the worse asthma. he also eats rubbish inbetween the healthy meals i make him!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:07 am

yeah Scott says the same to me...we have quite a laugh about it actually, but he said to me one day don't think that just because I am thin it is easy for me as people judge me too!! It is so true, people expect men I guess to be musclely and well built so he has copped a fair bit of sledging over the years!! He hates being so thin (yes he does) as when he gets sick he can drop anything up to 2kg a DAY! He gets thinner really quickly and it takes him ages to gain the weight. He was 75kg and he was sick for 3 days and could hardly eat and he dropped to 69kg!!! It took him 8 months to regain the weight!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby originalmel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:07 am

I read once that we body types that put on weight wre very lucky, because we have a strong indicator that what we are doing is comprimising our health, where as those skinny types can eat crap, and think it's ok because they aren't getting fat.

The disesaes associated with overweight, are not only due to actually being overweight, they are due to the crappy food and lack of excersise. Skinny people are just as prone to them if they aren't following a healthy lifestyle.

So count yourselves lucky people. We get the wakeup call we need!!!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby Ally » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 am

That is true Mel, however Scott eats quite healthy (he eats all the same stuff as me), as there is a risk of him developing the heart disease that claimed the life of his dad....he is really careful what he eats!!

It is true though about other people, they don't realise what they are doing to their bodies.....
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:32 am

I was with my former husband for 20 years, and he has one of those supercharged metabolisms. He ate junk, and heaps of high fat foods, so much so that I used to call him King Cholesterol, and is now paying the price with health problems. Mind you, since he left, my battle has been so much easier - I think that he was the one keeping me fat :lol:
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby sanjo47 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:58 am

Hi all - my thoughts on this topic. These are my personal ideas so please don't be offended with what I say. I feel that there is too much emphasis put on what the figures say on the scales!! We tend to treat them as "a god" and get very disappointed if they don't say what we want to know (or what we want would like to know!!) Don't get me wrong, but I naturally like to see a loss like everyone else!! I tend to judge now on how my clothes feel & I take my measurements every 6 weeks.
Mind you at my slimming group yesterday, I was complimented by a member who has just been coming for about 5 weeks. She said that she could notice the difference in me. Talk about being good for one's self confidence!! :D

There's a brand new me on the way!
sanjo47

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk