It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

HELP!!! Going to Hong KONG.... WORRIED

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

HELP!!! Going to Hong KONG.... WORRIED

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:00 pm

Well this weekend I'm a little bit worried coz I'm going down to sydney out of my comfort zone with bad food around Going to a concert Evanescence :D for my B'Day first time out with hubby for 2 years coz of no family around 2 mind the kids... BUT my real worrie is Going overseas to HONG KONG in 3 week time It will be unreal but I know I will come back alot heavier I think with all the un healthy food & alot of cheap drinks over ther but there will be a lot of walking involved with sightseeing & they do have a pool so I can get some kind of exercise like laps in the pool a bit down there is no gym :x you would think a 41/2 star disney holloywood hotel would have a gym but anyway

What do you guys think should I let my guard down & enjoy myself? even though I know that i will put weight on when I get back or should I try & be healthy even though I know all the food is cooked in fatty oils :?: :? :?:
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 am

wow it seems like some wonderful things are coming your way over the next couple of weeks chelle! its totally up to you what you want to do. if it was me personally id just enjoy myself, theyre once ina lifetime opportunities and i wouldnt want the stress of working out what this or that is cooked in, etc etc. however in saying that it isnt IMPOSSIBLE to get through those two big events without eating healthy. its just probably the last thing on your mind when you are having so much fun! whatever you choose to do enjoy it chelle :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:33 am

Chelle, I have to agree with Kate. Go and enjoy yourself. :) If you are stressed about slipping a little while you are away, you will be a stick-in-the mud and ruin everyones holiday. :cry: You know what is and isn't good for you, you know what a healthy choice is, don't make an issue of it, just do what you feel is the right thing at the time. Make sure you have FUN :D
Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Draco » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:32 pm

Oddly enough, I have always found myself eating much better than normal when I travel.
I don't find the sickly, expensive foods at airports/hotels etc at all tempting. Usually the fruitbowl is the only option left. lol

If you look for the places where the locals are eating, rather than the places geared towards tourists in HK, you should do fine. .. The western version of Chinese food is cooked like crap over here - but the real stuff is great.
Lots of lovely rice and vegies and fresh poultry. Yum. .. and soups! endless delicious soups. Take a look off the beaten track and you'll find little kiosk-like shops where the customers sit at stools at the front window and are served lovely broth with vegies and duck and beef.. You can buy a bowl for next to nothing and it's really filling with little rice balls. These are all over the place.

Can I come too?? :D
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:09 pm

LOL just watch for the bird flu!

when i went to africa there were certain eating 'guidelines' we followed due to the health and hygiene of some of these food stalls etc. im sure its the same in asia. just be very careful of what you are eating and drinking. only drink bottled drinks- not tap water etc. and the food they sell you on the street be very weary of. we didnt eat fruit unless it came in its skin so we could peel it and they often sold meat etc in the streets but we never brought it. just be careful and make good decisions :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Draco » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 pm

lol.. I probably should have remembered to say that, kate, good thinking.

I have my own cows and drink milk unpasteurised and butcher my own meat, so my gut is a little more immune than most.
Don't end up with a nasty case of crypto on my account! :D
~die of nothing but a rage to live~

Draco

Postby Pepper » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:18 am

Hi Chellie,

I have travelled alot in my time, especially travelling overseas. My advise to you is simple.......

[center]ENJOY YOURSELF!!![/center]

That's what holidays are for....HOWEVER.....as long as you don't over do it, that is eat like this.....

Whenever possible, try making "better" food choices, ie. vegies, salads, just not too many....you don't want to be on a holiday which feels like a "fat farm" or slimmer's bootcamp!!! :cry:

And all the walking around sight seeing, and generally moving about doing stuff whilst away, should help balance out any small gain. And even if you do gain a little, it makes running on the treadmill when you get back much more tolerable because you have wonderful memories you can drift back to and daydream about which will help take the focus off the numbers that are painfully slow in counting down!! :wink:
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Return to Weight loss Talk