It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:23 am

Free Newsletter

SUGAR CRAVINGS!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

SUGAR CRAVINGS!!

Postby Monica » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 pm

I get bad sugar cravings (and not so bad dairy cravings)

I hae heard that an orange in the morning will curb them - any other suggestions?
Monica

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:58 pm

jarrah hot chocolatte!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:10 am

I found a pretty good article a while back and posted it in here...
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2948

The oranges sound good. I reckon if you're wanting to eat something sweet then fresh fruit has to be far better than lollies and chocolates :D

Maybe just try cutting back slowly so that you don't get withdrawl symptoms :?
SarahC

thanks

Postby Monica » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:33 am

Thanks for that Sarah,

I am on the look out for articles like that - knowledge is the key to all of this .... (and persistance and willpower and the rest...hahaha)
Monica

Postby originalmel » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:11 am

Monica, I am in the sugar craving boat with you. I'm a reformed sugar addict, but it's early days for me. I have to be on gaurd all the time.

I find frozen oranges, diet jelly, small nearly frozen tubs of yoghurt and lots of cups of no sugar tea help. But the main thing that helps is not having it. It only takes a few day for the initial cravings to pass. Once you get there, your desire quickly goes downhill.

I also tell myself that things taste too sweet whenever i eat something sugary. I try to get myself into that frame of mind that I don't like it. You know, fake it till you make it...
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby Monica » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:53 am

thanks Mel,

I like that - fake it until you make it!!

I will take your suggestions on board. Although the initial craving subside after a ffew days, there are the odd times when it comes back with avengance, saying 'REMEMBER ME!!" For those time, your remedies will be a help
Monica

Cravings

Postby macasgirl4eva » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:10 pm

A great little recipe that gives you the taste of eating something sweet that I like to use is as follows:

Mix a couple of tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese (awesome source of protein which will make you feel fuller and help build muscle) with a few drops of vanilla essence and one sachet of equal (or another sugar substitute), and cinnamon to taste.

Serve with mashed banana for a sweet, low sugar, low fat 'pudding'. (Really nice if you put it in the freezer for a short while to get that really cold effect. Don't knock this one until you try it, I was initially a little sceptical too. Another option is to serve with another of my 'false' sugar fixes....

Slice one apple into thin pieces with skin on (Apples contain pectin a substance that also helps you feel full). Put apple slices into microwave safe container with enough water to cover, another sachet of equal to taste, and more cinnamon too if you like. Microwave until apples are stewed. I also like my apples over no fat berry youghurt (Jalna).

I find if I can substitute for a real craving it knocks it on the head, rather than trying to eat a heap of other 'healthy' options instead.

All the best with that one :D
macasgirl4eva

Postby Monica » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:27 pm

they sound great - especially the 2nd - but i will try the 1st onetoo.. haha

congrats onreaching your goal..

thanks for the tip
Monica

Postby macasgirl4eva » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:29 pm

You're very welcome :D

Keep us all posted on the results :)
macasgirl4eva

Return to Weight loss Talk