It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:45 am

Free Newsletter

Chocolate

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Chocolate

Postby Shelli » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:25 pm

I like it, but I never crave it. In fact, I still have a milky-bar bar strapped to a Christmas bag from my sister. I just remembered. Oh Oh.

I have been reading through a lot of posts as I am new and it seems a lot of people just can't say no to chocolate. I totally understand as everybody has there downfall, my downfall is pizza, or things that just make life easier.

Pizza is the worst, or fish and chips (on occasion). Then there's Red Rooster and Kentucky! :roll:

I think it has been more of a 'convenience' issue for me, it's quick and it saves cooking and tastes good!

When you can't think of anything to cook, or don't have the ingredients, it's just so easy to pick up the phone or go for a quick drive.

Anyway, I don't seem to have sugar cravings as such, just get lazy at times and deep fried chips are the worst!!

I DO crave those! Am I alone on this?

PS. I didn't go shopping today because my son was ill this morning. He didn't go to school. I was SO tempted to order pizza. Instead, after his bath, we popped down to Safeway, bought an avocado and a roast chicken. Instead of Pizza I made a wrap with Mountain bread, chicken breast (no skin), avocado, mushies, cucumber and lettuce. It was SO nice and I felt REALLY GOOD after eating it.
Last time I ordered Pizza I at too much and felt ill.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/ww4C8GD/]
[/url]
Shelli

Postby CrimsonThunder » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:22 pm

I can only eat chocolate in small amounts. If i have heaps I get really sick.
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Shelli » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:27 pm

I feel the same and I have to drink milk! Lots of milk! Not sure why???
[/url]
Shelli

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:00 am

Hi shelli

im sure lots of people have savoury cravings as opposed to sweet cravings. my fiance doesnt really like lollies or chocolates but he loves things like arnotts shapes and packets of chips. we live too far away from any pizza places that deliver but when we do have it- we drive to pick it up and its disgusting. turns you off big time!
good work on the healthy wrap choice and i hope your son feels better soon~!

personally im a chocolate lover... oh and allens pineapples hehe

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kate_turner2000

Postby Shelli » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:39 am

Hi Kate,

Mmm, pineapples! I must admit they ARE one of the nicest lollies, and chippies! Now you're talking!

Umm, I think I've gone a little off track here, I should be umming and ahhhing about carrots and tomatoes! LOL!

Unfortunately we have a pizza shop a couple mins away AND they deliver AND they are GOOD! They should shut down!!
[/url]
Shelli

Postby Justjudy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:24 am

I'm like Kate's fiance! Give me anything savoury and I go to town :oops:

My favourites would have to be camembert cheese, really good marinated olives and cashews. :oops: I don't even keep these things in the house anymore - they were regulars on the shopping list before.

I find that if I crave them I will occassionally buy them and I share them with my 9 year old - who also loves them - and then I just get enough for a taste fix - he can eat really fast if he likes them. :o

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:32 am

Image mmmm cashews
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:45 am

Oh dear.....Kate go to Cashew Corner NOW!!!! Oh no Judy you mentioned cashews!!! AARRGGHH!!! we have just managed to get Kate to stop seeing them in everything!!! All that therapy gone!! LOL :P :P (Kate deep breaths honey.....no the world is NOT shaped like a cashew!!)

OOOH I love camembert cheese Judy, I keep it as a treat now as there is just no way I can leave it in the fridge all lonely and cold like that!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby lollilova » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:50 am

Its sugar all the way for me, but when I give in to temptation (which isn't too often these days) I need to follow it with something savoury. Its sort of like the Salt counteracts the sugar... hmmm theres logical thinking for you!

Shelli, when you get Pizza cravings, what about making your own? I make mine with wholemeal flour and just add mushrooms, a little bit of onion, sometimes chicken, capsicum, and only a little sprinkle of lite cheese. Satisfies the cravings and you know exaclty whats on it, unlike the ones baked in grease at the pizza shops!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:54 am

i made home made pizzas last night, its so easy and healthy ill post the recipe!
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:16 am

lol ally you will be pelased to know that i did gorceries today and stood for about 10 seconds in front of the cashews and walked away :) yay!!! i couldnt justify spending that much today :(
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:15 pm

Hehe *snickers* Cashews...cashews...ahhh cashews...I'm sneezing OK!! :P Couldn't help myself and you're right Kate they are expensive. I thought about getting some peanuts in the shell as I figured it would take so long to get them out of the shell I wouldn't eat so many. Then I read on the back that the packet had 22 servings inside it and I thought nahhh I don't want to test how many 'servings' I might really find.

Shelli you are certainly not alone. I have a savoury and not a sweet tooth as well although I don't say no to the odd bit of choccie. The difference is I can control it so I eat it as a treat. The savoury bikkies, chips, soft cheeses ahhhhhhhhhhhhh these I limit drastically simply because I get carried away oh and the fat content of course! :roll: I usually have some chocolate on Saturdays as my treat but haven't had any for a couple of weeks....what did I get insted a small bag of cheese and bacon balls... and I aint sharing them! The only chocolate I really go nuts over is orange flavoured but still I can make a lindt block of that last about 5 weeks.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Justjudy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:46 pm

I also shopped thismorning and stood for a very long time in the aisle with the nuts. I ended up walking away, because after weighing in thismorning I had lost 2 kg :D and if I bought the nuts, I would eat them all in one day, hello 2 kg back. :( Tricky thinking works some of the time.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:56 pm

hell yes! that 2kg would come back 3 fold judy. nice decision mate and well done on the loss
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:05 pm

Well done Judy that is a great loss. Keep up the effort. Good idea on no to the peanuts for all of us I think! :wink:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk