It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:21 am

Free Newsletter

Attention fellow female weight losers

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Attention fellow female weight losers

Postby Aquagirl » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:44 pm

Ok, So i had a weigh in today and it turned out that I had a gain of 500 grams. I put it down to the terrible week I had, food wise. I did exercise everyday so I thought at the very least my weight would just stay level. Then this afternoon I discovered TTOTM. :shock:

I have asked this before but could it be possible that I didn't gain any? Could that extra be just fluid? I haven't really paid that much attention to what time of the month I weighed myself. Or even followed a diet that I weighed myself on a weekly basis. It would be nice to know how much other women gain at that time of the month?
Aquagirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:08 pm

hi aquagirl

it does make a big difference for some women. however you had admittingly said that you havent been eating the best that you couldve over the past week so perhaps its a combination of both things?

i usually find the week after my periods i have a better loss- all that fluid!
kate_turner2000

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:09 pm

Hay - I gain anywhere from .5kg - 1.5kg - my clothes get tighter and I feel bloated. It usually passes at about day 2-3 of TTOM.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:36 am

I can gain up to 5kg!! As Kate said though it could be a combo of both, not eating too good + TTOTM. Next weeks weigh in will be better for you :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby lollilova » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:27 am

Hi, yeah I gain around 1 kg, it sucks being a girl!

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby Jisgone » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:56 am

i gain about 1kg too, then i get a shock with an awesome loss :P
Jisgone

Postby electrongirl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 am

Yeah I gain a fair bit too....

being a woman sucks
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Justjudy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:40 pm

I usually gain about 1kg. I am also STARVING during the week before - that doesn't help. Mind you the weight is usually well and truly gone a week later. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:03 pm

I have found I usually weigh about a kilo more.
Last edited by KimE on Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:20 pm

I usually gain about a kilo too. Hopefully its just fluid.
Sorry to sound harsh but if you've had a "terrible" week of eating then its probably mostly due to that. Keep a record of your weigh ins at every TTOM and see for next time so you know roughly how much you gain each time.
Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby tree » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:38 pm

I can gain up to 2kg the week before. I am also rather short tempered and really crave for chocolate, coffee and/or crispy salty snacks.
Its a hard battle to resist. I have read that giving in to the cravings just make the mood swings and the crankiness worse.

This month I went for a walk at lunch time and was walking around thinking "cant eat - dieting, cant shop - on a budget, cant go home and have a glass of wine - off the grog"

I ended up grumpier than ever! I felt rather sorry for the other girl in my office so I went home early to sulk on my own.
T.

starting weight 91.2kg
current weight 85.2 kg
tree

Postby chunky monkey » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:05 pm

I gain around 2 kilos, but lose it again by about day 3. But in the couple of days leading up, I am just starving and will eat like anything. God forbid if there is nothing in the fridge, that just about tips me over the edge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby Chelle » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:35 am

I gain weight to with the fluids over the time on the month :x .
I was told from a personal trainer to throw the scales away only go by measurments because the scales cant tell the difference between fat loss to fluid loss. But everyone's human I still weight my self once a week!!! I can't help it.
Chelle

Postby Pepper » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:03 pm

[center]I sooooooooooo hear ya sister!!!!
Image[/center]

I can gain anywhere from 2-3kg, some months a bit less if restrict my food intake, which is really hard because I am usually RAVENOUS just before they hit!!! ImageImage

But it disappears pretty quickly about day 3 or so. If it is a huge gain, ie. 3kg it may take a good week or two to shed but usually I have a couple of big losses to compensate for the gains.

Don't despair, it's one of the joys (NOT) of being a woman!!!Image

BTW I'm dreading my WID tomorrow morning, I feel so bloated and even though I've been good all week I just know there will be a gain, just wondering how much by THIS MONTH!!! Image
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Postby Pepper » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:56 am

Well I'm in SHOCK!!! Image

This would have to definitely be a first......I can't believe it!!!

TTOM is due any day, I feel like a walking blimp about to burst at the seams. So today, being my WID I reluctantly stood on the scales, knowing full well that I'd have a gain (I could feel it in the bloating alone) as I always do, so I hop on and through squinting eyes what do I see???? Yep, you guessed it......A LOSS!!!
I rubbed my eyes in disbelief, hopped off, and jumped back on (repeat 6 more times just to make sure) only to find that I had lost 400g.Image

Okay, nothing great you say, but IT'S A LOSS and when I am due for TTOM....A LOSS IS A MIRACLE. It just NEVER happens!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled, just stunned. This has NEVER EVER happened to me before, and probably never will again. But for now, I'll just thank my lucky stars!!! Image
Strong people don't walk away from the truth, only the excuses others try to sell them.
Pepper

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk