It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight Watchers - just going to weigh in

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight Watchers - just going to weigh in

Postby The Funny Bone » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:30 pm

Does anyone go to WW just to weigh in? By that I mean follow a different programme and use the weigh in service and talks? I'm over counting points so dropped out but was thinking maybe I should go and stick to my healthy eating plan which I was loosing weight on just so I am accountable and maybe it will help me stick to it better.

I've been to WW a number of times and have lost weight on the points programme and I can honestly say I have a very accurate idea of what the points per day are doing healthy eating but just don't want to record them or feel guilty for going over a point or two or worry because I haven't eaten all my points and recording makes me somewhat food obsessive..

Just wanting opinions on this. I could also go to a dietician for the same service but find it a bit inconvienient. Local WW is on my street.

I've been away from the forum, working every day so haven't been on the net cause I was going overseas and needed extra $$. I come back to find the gym is closed for refurbishment for a few days.

But I am back now.
The Funny Bone

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:58 pm

Hi Funny bone, glad to see you back again. I used to go to WW just for the weigh-in and the great lecture. I think Serena goes to WW too.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:16 pm

I do go to WW and weigh-in. I generally don't bother with the meetings - I know I should. But $17 is a lot of money to just step on the scales so maybe I won't go anymore. They have good scales at the gym, not that I've been for a while. I have a love-hate relationship with WW. I also have had success with the program before but really think that I probably already know everything and I need to just apply it more. I really think a food diary is important, even if you don't count points, just to keep track of what you are eating so you can see if you're eating too much / too little, if you're getting enough fruit and veg and variety etc. I know when I don't track my food (as in the last 2 weeks) I get lazy and it's like nothing counts. I wonder if skinny people realise how many demons we face everyday on our weightloss journey?
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:57 pm

I think you do a great job with your daily food diary (journal) here on the forum. I sometimes get off track with chocolate, if I have one taste I want more. I guess alcoholics have the same problem when they have one taste of alcohol.

A more private daily diary would be here http://www.diaryland.com/

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Weight loss Talk