It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Plateau.. please go

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Plateau.. please go

Postby Monica » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:53 am

y weight loss was going really well, but then I hit the dreaded plateau :( With help from this forum i worked my wway through weeks of nearly 'falling off the wagon'... i few too many calories here.. a little less excercise there - but nothing too serious.

Well i am back on the wagon now! yay... i have mixed up my diet and excercise and am going strong again BUT I have put on 500g since i have started being good again.

I have put on a total of 1kg since i nearly fell off the wagon - half of this number was when i was being good. I have only started being good for 4 days so far.

This is very sad :cry: How long will my plateau take to go?? when will I be back in the swing of things - scale wise??

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:56 am

Hi monicaImage

there could be a number of reasons why you put on the 500g and you may need to mix things up a bit more to get past the plateau. dont be disheartened- we all go through it! just keep smiling and do what you think is right and then if it still doesnt budge then give us a yell and we will work out what you can do. give your time body to adjust to getting back into the swing of it all

Postby Monica » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:52 am

thanks Kate.

i'll keep on keeping on :x

WIll deinately let you know when it passes

Postby KimE » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:48 pm

Stick with it Monica.

Also if you have only started being good over the last 4 days maybe give youself at least a week before you start worrying over results. Your body doesn't always register these things we do so quickly. Don't be hard on yourself you sound like you are doing all the right things.

Let us know how you go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Chin up Monica :)

Bodies are very strange things. Sometimes they do what we expect and the next week they do something completely different. :shock:

Stick with it. Just look at how far you have come :!:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

Return to Weight loss Talk