It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Free Newsletter

I'm struggling guys

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm struggling guys

Postby Roar2Life » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:13 pm

Hi guys. Haven't been on the forums lately as i've been really busy. Year 12 camp, getting my motorbike licence and being elected as a sporting house leader has seen me at various places in the past few weeks.

In case you can't remember my story here's a summarised version.

I use to weigh 92kg in September 2005. I got down to 78kg. I used to be a size 18 in tops and bottoms. I'm now a 16 in tops and 14 in bottoms. I'm 175cm tall. This weight loss was due to a program I did at school with some other overweight kids and a couple of teachers, one of whom is a close friend of mine. Basically we exercised together and learnt healthy eating habits.

Now here's the problem. I went to Townsville to work for a month during the holidays. While there was working 50 hours a week as a removalist (no excuse I know) and was living with friends of mine who also work for the company. Problem is they eat bad, real bad. Dinner out twice a week, pizza and takeaway for lunch, etc. I tried so hard to resist but I fell off the bandwagon real bad. I've been home almost a month now but i'm having a lot of trouble eating right and exercising enough again. I go to the shops and buy chocolate or an ice cream. I buy junk food at school. I feel really bad but i'm having a lot of trouble stopping myself.

When I came back from Townsville I was 81kg and 30% body fat. I'm now 80kg and 30% body fat.

I'm really struggling to get back on the bandwagon. Does anyone have any tips.

P.S. Sorry for the vent and long post but I feel better :wink:
In a world full of people only some want to fly...
Roar2Life

Postby Roar2Life » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Forgot to ask should I go and talk with the teacher who is a close friend? She's helped me on the 'journey' so far so I can't see it doing any harm but I dunno if it's kinda lame.
Roar2Life

Postby Chelle » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:27 am

Talking to friend (your teacher) is what motivate you to loose weight in the first place so it would probley help you to get back on track again. Don't be so dissapointed with the set back everyone goes through stages.
You look like you have been really busy over your school holidays anyway just mabe next time just think of lighter choices or subitute fatty food with healthy choice if you are in a rush.
With the cravings of chocolate it's like a drug your body craves it, one of the people on the forum has a jarrah 99% fat free chocolate drink that's there fix. You can still add it into your diet just have a little bit not the whole lot. Be strong just think when you are about buy it do you really need it, how much is it going to set you back to reach your goals is it worth it.. Mabe when you go to the shops take a shopping list with you & only get the items that are on the list that might help

Be brave & good luck with your moto licence!!!!!
Chelle

Postby KimE » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:29 pm

Hey Roar

I think talking to your teacher is a great idea. The weightloss road is a hard one and we all fall over at some time. It's difficult to maintain that focus every day. Remember you don't fail by falling over, you fail by not getting back up. You are up now so time to get your head in the right space and put into practice those great things you have learned. I reckon your teacher will be wrapped that you have seen it and want to do something now rather than later.

You can do it Roar, you're a strong gal. We're here for ya too. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Justjudy » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:50 pm

Talking to your teacher who has already helped you along your journey would be a wonderful idea, and I am sure that they won't think that you are lame at all.

Sometimes we need a little prod and to be propped up, and we need people around us who understand and are willing to support us allong the way.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 pm

hey roar i agree with everything above. sometimes these things happen in life like trips and special occasions, moving and stressful times etc. dont worry about it. you have faced up to the fact that you have put on weight and you want to do something about it. good on you *pat on the back* a good starting point is chatting to the teacher who motivates you and can give you a little shove in the right direction again :) let us know how things go keep your chin up k
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey roar - congrats on getting your motorbike license. Stay safe!

You've done the weight loss before (healthy eating & exercise) and you'll be able to do it again. Hang in there and don't beat yourself up about it. Set some small goals and go one step at a time.

Good luck and keep us posted with your progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:16 am

Keep going Roar...the important thing is now you have hit a bump in the road, you are willing to try and get back into it!! There is still some of that fighting spirit in you or you would have just said 'oh well I have gained weight, might as well give up'!!

I think talking to your teacher would be a great idea!! You say she is also a close friend?? Darl I can't see her turning you away!! I think it would be what you need to help kick-start you back on your way!! Let us know what you decide to do.....and remember that we are just a click of a button away too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Roar2Life » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:56 am

Hi guys. Thanks for all your suppport. Tomorrow I think i'll go and talk to my friend/teacher. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.
Roar2Life

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:00 am

looking forward to hearing about it roar :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk