It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Drinking 2L of water

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Drinking 2L of water

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:20 pm

I am struggling to drink 2L of water a day.

How does everyone else manage?

Would love to hear tips.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:24 pm

I just have a 1.25L bottle of water beside me and I just chug from that.....I drink around the 3-4L per day mark. I would just start by if you are about to have a drink of anything else, drink water first. That is how I started off years ago....if I was going to have a softdrink (even diet) I would drink a glass of water instead, hot drinks same thing......I am sure the other ladies and gents may have some suggestions for you too :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:31 pm

I take with me a bottle of water with me where ever I go but you don't have to drink that amount it is just a figure to go by as long as you are happy with the amount that you drink thruout the day that all that matters. It dosen't just have to be water if you are drinking tea or coffee that is counted into the amount too!!!! So that might help you to reack the limit of 2L per day
Chelle

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:33 pm

Chelle wrote:So that might help you to reack the limit of 2L per day

Sorry I ment to type reach the limit not reack the limit lol
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:35 pm

i dont go to bed of a night until all my 2litres is gone. sometimes i drink more than that but thats my benchmark. i have 1litre bottle with me all the time. if you are finding it tough to drink then add a squeeze of lemon to it or a weak diet cordial.

i was always told that additional drinks like tea and coffees and juices etc dont count as the 2litres- theyre additional.
kate_turner2000

Postby Chelle » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:41 pm

They said on the think slim cd to drink tea to help you reach the water limit, that's where I got that info from
Chelle

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:06 pm

I used to be a coffee addict, and made sure that I had at least 1/2 litre of water between each coffee, or I would just swig on coffee all day. Now I have finally given up the coffee I just swig on a bottle of water all day. I probably drink at least 3 litres a day - am not sure because I use 1/2 frozen bottles of water and top them up as I get down to the ice.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:17 pm

Sorry guys, I have to disagree about the coffee/tea counted in your water intake. Caffeine dehydrates you so you should drink even more water to counteract the effect. I tell people to have two glasses of water for every cup of coffee they drink.
I agree with Ally's way, that's how I do it - everytime I am about to put something in my mouth I stop and drink water first. That way you end up drinking more throughout the day.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:31 pm

hey judy my mum only drinks coffee... do you reckon coffee causes wrinkles? cos my mum has a lotta those !!
kate_turner2000

Postby Kindred-Katt » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:38 pm

I used to be a coffee addict, and made sure that I had at least 1/2 litre of water between each coffee, or I would just swig on coffee all day. Now I have finally given up the coffee I just swig on a bottle of water all day. I probably drink at least 3 litres a day

*puts hand up*
I'm still sort of guilty of that.
During the week, I'm lucky if I have one cup of coffee a day now, but weekends are a whole other matter. I drink that much coffee it is not funny. (My father is the worst though, he makes coffees two at a time!)
I have my one litre water bottle with me nearly at all times and I have found that if I feel peckish I'll have a guzzle of water instead.
I probably drink between 3 and 4 litres a day. :)[/quote]
When I am thin, fat will be in!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBsOI5W/]
[/url]
Kindred-Katt

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:04 pm

I'm not a coffee/tea drinker at all (Jarrah's all the way for me if I want a hot drink :P ). On the weekend we went to a restaurant and for some reason I had a capuccino after dinner (it was about 9.30pm). OMG :shock: I couldnt get to sleep until 2am! :o :o I'm definately NOT a caffeine person.
Liz :?
bluebox451

Postby Lolly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:28 pm

I talk for a living and I have a bottle of water on my desk at all times - I sip between calls etc and find I can do 2 litres by lunchtime quite easily.

On weekends, I get up and have a 600ml bottle of water straight away because I know I wont drink enough water if I don't - I try to have one of those at lunch, mid arvo and after dinner as well to get up to my 2 litres.

Today I have been home sick BUT have already drunk 1.5litres of water!!
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Justjudy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:35 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey judy my mum only drinks coffee... do you reckon coffee causes wrinkles? cos my mum has a lotta those !!

When I was doing ww we were told that if you don't drink water that your organs age faster than normal. Skin is an organ, so maybe the wrinkles are from the coffee, but unlikely, her skin is probably just well lived in - thats what I tell my kids about mine anyway :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:52 pm

LOL@ JUDY 'well lived in' yeah mum smokes and drinks coffee all day long so i reckon that has to have some sort of factor. but i love her all the same.

feel better soon lolly. you have been in the wars the past few weeks!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Hey bluebox you are correct with the tea/coffee being a dehydrator! I know that some people count it, but I have also been told by a dietician not to count it as water for that reason...sorry peoples the only real way is to drink the stuff in its pure form!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk