It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:25 am

Free Newsletter

Drinking 2L of water

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Lolly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:22 pm

Kate it isn't just me - EVERYBODY at work has been sick lately - I reckon it is the evil airconditioning and the fact that it is a mouldy old building - coupled with that, we have new staff who are not immune to all the bugs anymore and have shared them :?

We are moving to a new location very shortly so I should be rid of these damn bugs then.
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:28 pm

Correct! You get a gold star! :lol:
Thanks Ally, I'm glad someone agrees with me!
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:55 pm

*puts hand up repeatedly* i agree too liz!!!!! pick me pick me!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:31 pm

hahahaha kate it sounds like you are a nose and can't wait to be picked!!! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: but welcome to the crew!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:36 pm

yay!!!!

i hate being left out
kate_turner2000

Postby sanjo47 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:17 pm

I agree with everybody else has said about drinking only water. Fortunately I do not have any problems drinking my 12 glasses (250ml.) a day. When I was going to WW many years ago, one of our lecturers suggested that everytime we went to the loo, we should drink a glass of water straight after. I too always take a bottle of water around with me wherever I go & I also have two filled bottles of water sitting beside my computer when I log on. My husband has now got into the act of drinking plenty of water too.

I actually did a talk on the importance of drinking water at my Slimmer's meeting a couple of weeks ago. I even have a note on the computer, over the basin in the bathroom & on my fridge which says "Have You Drunk Your Water Today?" & illustrated with a picture of a cocktail to cheer it up a bit. If anybody wants a copy of the article & the picture, I would be only too happy to pass it - so just send me a pm.

Good luck with your water drinking everybody!! :D

There's a brand new me on the way!
sanjo47

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:39 pm

you should share it with us all jane if you dont mind. i think we could benefit from it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby sanjo47 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 pm

I will try & do it but not sure how it will work out.

"ARE YOU DRINKING ENOUGH WATER?
Most people have no idea how much water they should be drinking. We don’t drink enough water. Without water, we would be poisoned to death by our own waste products and toxins resulting from metabolism.

Water is vital to digestion and metabolism, acting as a medium for various enzymatic and chemical reactions in the body. It carries nutrients and oxygen to the cells through the blood, regulates body temperature and lubricates our joints (which is particularly important if you’re arthritic, have chronic muscular-skeletal problems or are athletically active). We need water to breathe; we lose approximately 600ml of liquid every day just by exhaling. If you are not in “fluid balance” you can impair every aspect of your body’s physiological functioning.

It has been said that as a result of not drinking enough water, many people encounter such problems such as excess body fat, poor muscle tone and size, decreased digestive efficiency and organ function, increased toxicity in the body, joint and muscle soreness (particularly after exercise) and water retention. Proper water intake is the key to weight loss. If people who are trying to lose weight don’t drink enough water, the body can’t metabolise the fat, they retain fluid, which keeps their weight up, and the whole procedure we’re trying to set up falls apart.

The minimum amount of water a healthy person should drink is 10 250ml. glasses a day
and you need to drink more if you are overweight, exercise a lot or live in a hot climate. Overweight people should drink an extra 250ml. for each 10kg. that exceeds their ideal weight. Your intake should be spread judiciously throughout the day, including the evening. You may ask if “If I drink this much water, won’t I constantly be running to the bathroom?” Initially, yes, because of the hypersensitivity of the bladder to increased fluids. But after a few weeks, your bladder calms down, and you urinate less frequently, but in larger amounts.

There is a difference between pure water and other beverages that contain water. Water is water. Obviously you can get it by consuming fruit juice, soft drinks, beer, coffee or tea. However beer also contains alcohol which is a toxic substance. Beverages that contain caffeine, such as coffee, stimulate the adrenal glands; fruit juices contain a lot of sugar and stimulate the pancreas. Such drinks may tax the body more than cleanse it.

THE RECOMMENDED DAILY WATER INTAKE MEANS JUST THAT WATER!"
Sorry it is a bit long folks but hope you can get some benefit from it.
Good luck everybody & I hope it will be of help. :D

There's a brand new me on the way!
sanjo47

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:07 pm

Sculling. That's my tip. Rather than sipping, I will scull a tall glass of water or as much as I can.

Measure your glasses so you know how much each one holds - I do this at home because I drink from glasses rather than a bottle, but at work, I have a 600ml bottle that I only refill once I've drunk the whole thing and I sip from that.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:32 am

Thanks for the information Jane. It certainly cleared up as to why we should drink heaps :shock:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:49 am

All these post have been very informative.

Jane, that article you posted was very helpful. If I want to lose the fat I have to drink the water :!: .

I did manage to consume 1.25L of water yesterday but I had to keep running to the toilet every 15minutes :oops: . I guess as my body gets used to drinking that much water I won’t need to go as much.

Thanks for all your tips and advice. I definitely won’t be counting green tea and earl grey as part of my daily intake.

Cheers.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:32 am

Thanks for sharing that Jane!! I now feel "normal" People always ask me why I drink so much water......well now I know!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:19 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:*puts hand up repeatedly* i agree too liz!!!!! pick me pick me!!

Well, OK, you can have one too. (But dont tell anybody else coz then all the kids will want one!) :lol:

Liz :D :wink:
bluebox451

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:12 pm

hhahahhaha Liz!!! :lol: :lol: With the stinkin' humidity today I am already on my 3rd bottle of water (1.25L bottle) I think I am going to be more closer to 5-6L today!! :?
[/url]
Ally

Postby yummymummy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:30 pm

I tend to just scoff my water too I have a glass that holds 500mls and I down it in 1 go when ever I remember, my water intake adds up quick that way
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk