It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Free Newsletter

What is your motivation for getting fit in 2007?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your motivation for getting fit in 2007?

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm

well as you know late last year i started my own weightloss journey and basically i want to build on my knowledge this year about how to lose weight, how to stay fit and healthy and learn more about being happy in my own skin. i love the feeling i get from doing a workout. i like learning new exercises to try at home and by the end of 2007 i want to feel on top of the world!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:04 pm

And what a journey that's been for you, Kate :D Awesome, inspiring stuff.

My motivation for getting fit this year is primarily driven by a desire for weightloss. I hate shopping now and I hate my wardrobe and I feel so fat, ugly and frumpy when I used to feel so fit and fabulous.

At first I thought 2007 would be the year I'd run a half marathon. I rather ambitiously signed up for the Run for the Kids (which is on April 1st), a 15.km fun run - a fundraiser for the Royal Children's Hospital. But I quickly discovered (or rather, rediscovered) that running is not my thang :P

Instead, I've rediscovered the joy of Taekwondo after an absence of several years. It's amazing how quickly it all comes back (the moves, the stances, that sort of thing... not the fitness!) I feel like I've finally found my thang again after several years of half-heartedly trying other things.

So my fitness goals are to surpass my former fitness levels and improve my TKD ability, injury free :)

I'm still going to do the Run for the Kids - I'll be happy to run a third and walk the rest of the way!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Lolly » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:10 pm

I want to be fit and healthy - not much to ask but basically 3 months ago, I was beyond medically unfit - I was PATHETICALLY unfit :lol:

With these lifestyle changes I have made, I have seen positive changes in my body, my mental state and my family - so all is good.

So, 2007 is my year - I hope to get down to 60kg by Xmas - that is going at 1/2kg per week - so that I can go shopping for a new wardrobe then :D
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:12 pm

Lolly wrote:With these lifestyle changes I have made, I have seen positive changes in my body, my mental state and my family - so all is good.

So, 2007 is my year - I hope to get down to 60kg by Xmas - that is going at 1/2kg per week - so that I can go shopping for a new wardrobe then :D

Awesome stuff Lolly - I know you will get there given the determination you've shown already (except when it comes to Chinese leftovers ;) )
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Simmy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:15 pm

My motivation was how unattractive I felt. The clothes that were once my 'big' clothes were getting to tight. Then the doctor said I had high blood pressure - not good- especially for a then 22 yr old. So that was my inspiration. Pleased to say my big clothes now fit again, and my blood pressure has come down a little bit. A long way to go, but its the small steps that make the big picture achievable
Simmy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 am

milkyway i am glad u have found something you enjoy doing :) im looking forward to hearing how the run goes!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:38 am

My motivation is my kids. I am a single parent, and they deserve one who can give them their all.

When I was heavier, and extremely unfit, I was impatient, and had no energy to chase after them. They deserve better than that. Not only that if I don't look after me and end up sick, who is going to look after them? I certainly don't want them ending up with their Father in the situation that he lives in.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:04 am

My motivation to lose this unwanted fat is: me, myself and I. I am doing this whole heartedly for me - not to impress my boyfriend, not to please my nagging mum (who has been on my case to lose weight) or to please society’s expectations.

In past attempts it was just to look aesthetically better, but now my self esteem has taken a bit of a beating (my own self doing). This new journey that I am taking is for life- I want to look better, be healthier, be neck, shoulder and back pain free and be proud of being able to accomplish weight loss and not give in because the going gets tough.

I have accomplished a great many things that I are lot harder than losing weight so I can do this!.

Also the surgery that I have coming up in November is a big factor in motivating me. I want it sooooooo bad :P

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Ally » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:30 am

My motivation is wanting to look as good on the outside as I feel on the inside!!

I also have children whose lives are slipping away and I want to be able to do stuff with them, not just watch from the sidelines....I have an 11 year old daughter who is starting to take a realy interest in her looks (not in a bad way, she is just discovering that she is a girl!! LOL) and I want to be able to be thin enough to take her around the shops and enjoy the experience, not cringe......

I need to be healthy and fit and that is my aim!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:01 pm

My motivation is all those things and more.

But my number one motivation is that I want to be here for 2008, 2028 and 2058.
I want to be a good mum to my kids, and I can't do that from the couch.
I want to have another child, and I refuse to put my body through that without losing about 20kgs. I have told myself that if I want to have another child I have 18 months to lose 20kgs.
I want to enjoy life.
I want to shop in normal shops.
I want to stop feeling like my weight is holding me back.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby slimmindown » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:14 pm

My main motivation is my health. My nan(had)may she RIP, and dad have type 2 diabetes. I also have terrible trouble with gynae problems and an underactive thyroid and I'm only 36 :shock:

I also had my back injury last year and want to be as fit and healthy as I can to improve and keep these ailments away.

I also love the fact of getting into more desirable clothes and having the energy to join in life and all the activities I can, now that I have more stamina and drive..

I'd love to get to 70 kg by the end of the year and enjoy xmas in my new body 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:46 pm

Hey Milkyway!
I'm doing the run too! Should be fun - everybody who's in Melbourne should do it. Its for a good cause - hospital gets funding, we burn calories, everybody wins! Who else is in?
Liz :D 8)
bluebox451

re:

Postby Shaunna » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:41 pm

I start my new legal studies course in june which is a starting point in changing my life so I would also like to make positive changes in all aspects of my life which includes my weight. I also want to be able to feel good on the outside not just the inside
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weYetEN/]
[/url]
Shaunna

Postby Jisgone » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:24 pm

I want to look good when im lounging by the pool on my cruise :P
I want to go to a shop and know everything will fit me!
I want to share clothes with my friends
I want to live life to the full :)
Jisgone

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:06 pm

bluebox451 wrote:Hey Milkyway!
I'm doing the run too! Should be fun - everybody who's in Melbourne should do it. Its for a good cause - hospital gets funding, we burn calories, everybody wins! Who else is in?
Liz :D 8)

Cool! I'll be the chubby chick with the red bib bringing up the rear :D heh
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk