It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:38 am

Free Newsletter

Thinking thin

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Thinking thin

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:11 pm

My mother is a big believer of mind over matter and the power of visualisation. So I received this forward email from her today and I thought that I would post it and get peoples opinion about it and whether you use visualisation to help you get to goal.

"Your beliefs reflect how your body looks

Do you know that your current beliefs reflect your body's current health? Your beliefs about what your eating, what your body looks like, and how you're living your life are far more important to examine then the foods that you're putting in your mouth.

So what thoughts are you entertaining about your body?

What beliefs do you have about the foods you are eating?

Do you believe all foods digest easily and effortlessly?

Do you believe being thin is your birthright?

Transforming your mind is the key to a thin, slim body."

I know the mind is a powerful thing and visualisation has certainly helped me this week (and I hope it continues to work and help me throughout my weight loss journey). I picture myself at my goal weight and how I don't want to undo all the good work I've done and I repeat an affirmation of 'I don't do that anymore" when I want to go for seconds or want to eat more than 2 slice of toast.

Hopeful this can inspire others.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Visualisation can be a great tool, not only for weightloss, but for all other areas of your life. I use it probably every day for one thing or another, and I don't actually know if it does any good, but it can certainly keep you motivated toward your goals.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:09 pm

alot of women swear by it when theyre in labour im sorry i just couldnt imagine rolling waves at the beach and the calming ocean sounds when i had a baby coming out of vagina!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:13 pm

LOL nice one Kate!

The mind is very powerful tool and we often forget this or at least forget to engage it in a more conscious way.

Get your head in the right direction and your body will follow. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:51 pm

i must admit that i love visualisation during yoga i always fall asleep. we also used to use it a lot during the drama classes i was in at school
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Kate, the only thing that my mind was doing in labour was screaming "get me drugs". I got them too..... Maybe it was visualisation......... :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:05 am

hahahaha you ladies crack me up!!!

Kate they say say childbirth is like squeezing a watermelon out of the size of a lemon.....don't think they are far wrong!!! :P

Yep Judy I would say your visualisation on drugs worked....either that or you had your "this is a face of a woman on the edge" face on and they didn't dare not give in to your demands!!! :P :P

Thanks for sharing your email with us ACOTE it was quite a good read. They say that with weightloss it is mind over platter.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 am

i was visualising 'i am never doing this again!!!' and yeah i visualised waves- waves of bloody green puke coming out of my mouth in the shower whilst i was butt naked for the whole world to see.

oh and i thought i was visualising magical pixies and wizards.........

wizard: anaethiesist (sp?)
pixies: midwives turning up epidural machine
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:46 am

:oops: Kate that was funny.,....sorry I know you wouldn't be thinking that at the time, but I can see the funny side!! :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:46 pm

:lol: hahaha you ladies crack me up.

From your description of childbirth and all the horror stories I've heard I don't want to experience being pregnant for many many years to come :D Ally, your comment particularly scared me - I was visualising it while reading it and the pain - argh. Trying to squeeze something that big out of something that small :cry: .

Of the topic of childbirth, to weight loss, these last couple of days visualising myself at goal weight has inspired me even more to continue with my efforts. I jumped on the scale this morning (just to have a little peek) and I weighed in at 71.5kgs. I got very excited but I am not going to officially record it till sunday (my official weighing day) as it may not be that much of a loss.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:46 am

hehehe sorry to put you off!! They say you forget the pain the minute you hold your baby for the first time!! I was ripped off as all of mine came out the zip :wink: (complications with the first ensured all future births were by the zip)
[/url]
Ally

Postby shelleykay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:40 am

ROFLAMO....Kate you are a FUNNY GIRL!

After nearly 18hrs of labour Ally mine came out the zip too, so did my second (and last)...

I hugged my anthaestist and told him I loved him when he arrived with the epidural...love for husband at that time was the furthest away from my mind...his Mum bought his fish and chips as "you've been in here for ages and havent eaten" poor him! :roll: and he sat there and started to eat them...I screamed "Get that #$%^&ing food out of here it's making me sick" and at that point did my best Linda Blair spew....I didnt see him fish and chips for the longest time!

My baby, as Im sure all of ours were, worth it and beautiful!

Getting back to the initial post LOL...I used the visualisation thing a long time ago to lose weight too and it does work! Trying hard this time!

:D
shelleykay

Postby shelleykay » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:41 am

I wish I coudl edit my posts...I'm a good speller just a bad typist! :lol:
shelleykay

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 pm

LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
ShelleyKay that was a classic! Kate, that was hilarious! I definately agree, how can you possibly think about those things when you're giving birth?? My labour was funny (not at the time) when I asked my husband to bring me a wet face washer and I later turned around to find he had it on his forehead!!! :roll: :roll:
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:17 pm

aw god they have no idea when we are the ones in labour! all i hear now when i bring up the labour is how i vomited on micks shoes when i was in the shower- greeeaaattt! ill give u vomit mister!

after my 17.5 hour labour it is still very fresh in my mind!! it doesnt all go away as soon as you hold them in my case!
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk