It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:59 am

Free Newsletter

Feel jibbed with my body shape!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Feel jibbed with my body shape!

Postby Green_Butterfly » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm

When I think of 64 kilos, I don't at all think overweight, I think healthy weight. But I weigh 64 kilos now and I now I'm not a healthy weight for my body. It's not like I am short either, I just am average height. My body is just untoned and none of my weight is muscle. I am still quite large around my thighs, bum and tummy. I have a friend who weighs 65 and she has a body TO DIE FOR in my eyes, and I was thinking I would have to be (or look) at least 80 kilos in comparison to her. I then wondered about my scales, but tested alot of other ones and they all were around the 64-66 range.

I just find it so weird. I guess some people hold their weight particularly well, I just hold it all in the middle of my body it makes me feel (and look) un healthy and bigger than I thought I would be at 64.

Dont get me wrong though, I am so pleased with the 6 kilos I have lost. I have had lots of comments that my face looks different, I have always had a very chubby face/neck so that is nice to hear. I just guess I will have to keep it up until I notice real change in my body shape. I am loving feeling healthy on the inside though!

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:31 pm

show us some pics !! show us some pics!!!

i can understand green butterfly you just need to get to a stage where u feel happy within yourself. as much as u love your friends body there are people out there who would love ur body! heck someone out there probably wishes my body was theirs *shudder* the poor person!! lol. if u want to lose more weight to see if that makes a difference to your health and appearance then go ahead but if you are happy with where you are then there is nothing wrong with that either. hugs
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Green butterfly we must remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Hold on to how you feel on the inside, and it will show on the outside. :)

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Chelle » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:29 am

I know where you are comming from green butterfly I'm 6 foot weigh 78kg & I got to 74kg before xmas until I put it on. I'm in the healthy weight range according to bmi & my doctor but I still feel like that I need to loose another 10-13 kg because of my stomach after having children I get told off hubby & friends you look fine you don't want to loose any more weight I think because they saw me before when I was 94kg but I still have the feeling that I need to get to 70kg at least 65kg is the minum anymore than that & I will be under weight. I think some people do hold there weight well & they are lucky I feel no matter how many sit ups or tummy crunches I do my stomach will never go the way I want it to
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:07 pm

Can I just ask if you do any weight training?

By incorporating some light weight training, you'll be firming your muscles and your body shape will change in the process, from soft to firm.

I actually wanted to lose weight first then tone up but my friend who is a personal trainer, has advised me not to do this, and to start pumping some iron as it will accelerate my fat burning. So I am training with him once a week and doing another session at home.

And although muscle weighs more than fat it looks more attractive and is more dense so you'll look smaller. Is this your friend’s physique?

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Green_Butterfly » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:03 am

Yeah good thinking Corner of the earth, I am going to start going to Body Pump once a week, i have done it in the past and loved it, i find it good fun. I think i need to start doing more targeting exercises too, hopefully that will shift the weight from my tummy and sides. I'm feeling more optimistic today :D

As for posting a photo Kate, I don't want to for the fact I'm not here to lose a whole lot of weight, and I know i'm not a big girl so I don't want to attract 'you dont need to lose weight' comments. I joined the forum after quitting smoking and am using it to get healthy and fit and dropping the few excess kilos is a definate plus. :D

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:11 pm

hi green butterfly thats ok only post one if you feel comfortable doing so - no pressure :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk