It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:06 am

Free Newsletter

Not losing weight, losing my cool

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Not losing weight, losing my cool

Postby sarafina777 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:20 am

I was here last year, and now I'm back...unfortunately bigger than before, despite my effort to lose weight! I eat very healthily, but I guess I have to look at my portions, or something. I got a new job a couple of months ago, and in walking to work I walk over 2kms per day. Even the extra exercise does not seem to be working though. I am thinking I need more exercise also (obviously I do, because I'm not losing weight!). :cry:

It just sucks because I feel like I've tried really hard, and I do feel healthier but I don't feel any lighter. I know it's not just all muscle as I need to lose 20kg! :shock:

Anyone else need to lose 20kg?
Anyone else feeling/felt frustrated kickstarting their weightloss (again)
Anyone else who can give me some hope that things can change?
sarafina777

Postby Livy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:31 am

Hi Sarafina,
Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to be a little more understanding and compassionate towards yourself!
I need to lose 30kgs, and am in a weightloss group of girls, and we yo you all the time. Most importantly we stick together, through thick and thin, and support one another through the hard times.
Walking to work is BRILLIANT! But as anyone will tell you, you can excercise for hours a day, if you are overeating you still won't lose weight.
I don't drink coke, or eat processed crap all day, and yet I am a size 18. I know that my problem is my portions, I simply eat far too much.
I joined Calorie King, and was SHOCKED at what a 'serving' is supposed to me. I usually eat quaduple that!! No wonder I am so fat.

I come and go off this board.
Yesterday I met someone who taught me how to 'blog' and I am going to start doing that, in the hopes to meet more likeminded people.

If you would like to join my email group, PM me and I will set it up!!
Kind thoughts
Liv
Livy

Postby Chelle » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:10 am

It is frustrating when you gain weight especially a big gain I think it happens to everyone. Don't be so hard on yourself just get back on the wagon good luck with your weight loss journey
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:11 am

hi sarafina i remember when u joined because we had the similar amount of weight to lose at the time. and if i can lose it then u can too! dont give up hope, it sounds like u are eating well and doing a bit of exercise perhaps u need to lift the bar a bit and do that bit extra. we are all here for you and wont judge you :)
kate_turner2000

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:26 am

You'd be amazed how portion sizes can affect weightloss.

I do Weight Watchers and when I follow it perfectly I weigh EVERYTHING!!!

And track everything.

Keeping track of what you eat is essential!! Also get a smaller plate. My leader did this and she is losing more than ever!!

Its mind over matter sometimes!!

Also I fill my plate with salad and veges so it doesn't look like I am being jipped!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Justjudy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Jump back in with both feet Sarafina. I had a portion control problem. :oops: I was eating very healthy food most of the time (note I said most), but I was eating 2 or sometimes 3 times the amount that I was supposed to.

I use Calorie king now, and yes, I weigh everything. It really helps, and I am finally back on the way down again. :D

Keep at it, don't give up, and you will lose that 20kg before you know it. :shock:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:55 pm

Hi Sarafina and welcome back to the forum!! You have been given some sound advice so I won't add any more to it.......just to say though, be kind to yourself!! You will get there with strength and determination, don't look at the overall picture, break it down into manageable lots. This helps you to stay focused. You will do great!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:18 pm

I also swear by using Calorie King and weighing food. I'd be lost without my kitchen scales!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:51 pm

Welcome back Sarafina.

Don't be disheartened you can still get there.

Portion control is one of those key things for weightloss. As Livy said when you start looking at what a serving really is you may be surprised. I know I used to eat probably 3-4 times a serving size and eat fast so I didn't realise I was full and would try to stuff in more. Geez, well anyway I don't do that anymore so there is also a process of forming new habits to replace the old ones.

Best of luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

thanks guys!

Postby sarafina777 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks so much for all your advice and kind words. I know I must do something, before my weight goes up again. It's so inspirational to see you guys losing weight and achieving your goals. Hope I can do the same.
sarafina777

Postby Donk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:18 pm

Yep, it's amazing when you do start to eat less that you realise how much you were actually eating.

I've said this a couple of times on here but I was stuck on 95kgs for a long time and wondered why I couldn't drop anymore. Summer came around and I started to think about what I was eating, really chewing my food, I remember I used to scoff it down like there was no tomorrow, and sometimes almost choke, because I had barely chewed my food. Then I'd get half way through my dinner and realise that I was no longer hungry.

Now I eat half of what I used to eat... and less than my girlfriend most of the time and she's like 50 or so kilograms!
Donk

Thanks Donk!

Postby sarafina777 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:31 pm

Hey thanks Donk...

Actually, I have been trying to limit my food - by stopping eating it when I'm full already or bored with it and placing the rest in the fridge.

I think my problem is that i go back to it later when I am not hungry, just bored, and eat the rest of it anyway!

You're doing really well by the way. Hope I can follow your (and others) lead!
sarafina777

Postby Donk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:48 pm

Yeah, I know what it's like wanting to go back to it later, I drink water all of the time and have found sometimes that makes me feel as though I am full. It is hard though to keep away from food that you know is there, you feel great though when you do leave it alone all night :D
Donk

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:43 am

hey sarafina perhaps keens some healthy fruit or veg cut up in the fridge to snack on?
kate_turner2000

Postby Fairie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:32 am

Good to see you again Sarafina.

Actually, I have been trying to limit my food - by stopping eating it when I'm full already or bored with it and placing the rest in the fridge.

A tip I was told a long time ago was never keep the left overs, feed them to the dog, chooks or put them in the compost/bin. That way we won't be tempted to finish them. :D

Have some carrots, celery sticks in the fridge instead or snack on some seeds & nuts.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk