It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:05 am

Free Newsletter

Not losing weight, losing my cool

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Donk » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:37 am

I love nuts, the only real snack I have now... although I have to try and limit the amount I take in :?
Donk

Re: Not losing weight, losing my cool

Postby Tiger Champ » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:50 am

sarafina777 wrote:I was here last year, and now I'm back...unfortunately bigger than before, despite my effort to lose weight! I eat very healthily, but I guess I have to look at my portions, or something. I got a new job a couple of months ago, and in walking to work I walk over 2kms per day. Even the extra exercise does not seem to be working though. I am thinking I need more exercise also (obviously I do, because I'm not losing weight!). :cry:

It just sucks because I feel like I've tried really hard, and I do feel healthier but I don't feel any lighter. I know it's not just all muscle as I need to lose 20kg! :shock:

Anyone else need to lose 20kg?
Anyone else feeling/felt frustrated kickstarting their weightloss (again)
Anyone else who can give me some hope that things can change?
Try looking at a diet club that I once went to. It helped me lose 38kg and changed my life forever. It's called the Clothesline Diet Club, run by a lady named Karen Gatt. She lost 67kg by walking in her backyard and sticking to a basic diet she made herself. She's truely an amazing woman and is so genuine!! She's written books and all, so why not give it go. All you've got to lose is weight!! I can't remember her website, you'll have to google it or something.
If we strive for what we want, we will get it. All it takes is belief in ourselves!!
Tiger Champ

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 am

What I do with leftovers is remove them from sight ASAP. Once you have served the food on plates, dont leave the leftovers hanging around. I usually put them straight in a lunchbox for hubby to take to work or just on a plate wrapped with foil or glad wrap and straight into the fridge (dont know if this is OK for the food) but at least its out of sight and by the time we finish eating it has cooled down a bit which makes it less appealing. I always make a huge salad too - if you finish your food and want more just eat the salad to fill you up rather than more food.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:44 am

Oh, and I agree. Karen Gatt is great. I've read her books and they are inspirational. They are what first made me want to lose weight.
Liz :D
bluebox451

Karen Gatt

Postby Tiger Champ » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:55 pm

Hey guys,

I googled Karen Gatt's name from The Clothesline Diet and it is, http://www.theclotheslinedietclub.com

She has some great stuff to read about and you can email her direct too. As I said before, I practically owe my life to her. She taught me to go back to basics and start from scratch and boy it worked!!
:D :D :D :D
If we strive for what we want, we will get it. All it takes is belief in ourselves!!
Tiger Champ

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk