It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

How much weight ..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How much weight ..

Postby Tas » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:46 am

Hi

Like I mentioned in my introduction I have been on a low fat diet for 3 weeks - I must also mention that my diet before the 3 weeks wasn't a bad one either - occassionally I would run riot with chocolate as you can tell by my signature :shock:

But having said that not a piece has passed my lips for 3 weeks and I don't miss it either - which has surprised me. But my question is whilst sticking to a completely low fat diet and exercising by completing 15K on exercise bike and 7K on this walker/rower/ thingO and at least 30 reps on multigym what weight loss is expected to be *normal*?

Up until yesterday I was losing approximately 100 grams per day but it has now jumped to 200 grams yet I am doing nothing different to what I have been for the last 3 weeks! I am *NOT* complaining :lol: I am simply curious.

Thank you in anticipation

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:10 am

While we can estimate what weight you should be for your height http://www.webindia123.com/health/diet/ ... weight.htm

It's a different thing for the rate at what you should lose.
Many diet groups say that 1 kilogram per week is a nice healthy weight loss, but on observing the tv series Celebrity Challenge and The Biggest Loser I've noticed everyones metabolic rate is individual at losing their weight. Just make sure you're keeping your nutrient intake up as you melt this blubber.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:00 am

Ok, thanks Dolly. I will check out the link you attached.

As it happenes by biggest blubber is around my abdomen and seemingly the most dangerous place to have it - but since exercising I am losing it off by butt, face and arms!! What about my blubber!! :lol:

About 6 years ago I was 70 kilos and look awful - very thin so I am aiming to get to around 70-73 kilo's. By that time my face, arms and butt will be thin, thin, thin and my gut will be still hanging around literally! :twisted:

3 weeks today I started on this exercising regime and was 84.7 and today I am 82.4 so that sorta fits in with the 1 kilo a week view.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Serena » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:39 pm

When you first start on an exercise program, particularly when doing weights, you build a lot of muscle which is heavier than fat so the scales aren't giving an accurate recording of your results. But once that settles down, muscle actually raises your metabolism so you will burn even more fat. I completely sympathise with losing weight from everywhere except where you really need to. I have the biggest bum I have ever seen, but when I start exercising I lose weight off my boobs and my shoulders and my ankles of all places. As if I didn't already look totally out of proportion! I guess it's a test of your dedication - you have to go all the way and totally commit to get the results you want.
Serena

Postby Tas » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:05 pm

Hi Serena - what a lovely name!

3 weeks ago when I fisrt started out on this exercise excitement - I actually GAINED weight! Half a kilo!!! I nealry fainted :lol:

But I suppose I have to ask another question here - when you reach the weight that you are happy with how do you maintain it rather than lose anymore or actually gain it back?? Does that make sense?

Thanks

Maria the maniac
Tas

Postby Serena » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:45 am

I think it's all about balance. Weight watchers have a maintenance plan (Although I've never actually made it that far) whereby once you reach goal each week you can increase your food intake just a little. If the scales show you are still losing then you add more food next week and if they show you've gained then you eat less. When you are eating a set amount and your weight stays the same over several weeks then you have found the ideal food intake to maintain your goal weight at your current exercise level. Don't forget to keep exercising though.
Serena

Return to Weight loss Talk