It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

time to exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

time to exercise

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:10 pm

sometimes i feel like i should be doing something else other than going for a walk (hence the no exercise in ages!!) :?

i know i should go for a walk, but unpacking, planning or housework always needs doing and if i walk i feel i should be doing these things instead!

okay - im trying not to make this sound like an excuse for not exercisng!! hehe

guess im trying to say (in a very long winded way!) is that this week i am going to make sure i fit structured exercise time onto my week, and not just rely on incidental exercise! and, make sure i make time to do it!! no excuses!!!!!!

haha - thanks for listening to me waffle on!!!
beck :)
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:25 pm

Make a "date" with yourself Bec. Write it down in your diary, or on your calendar, and make sure that if there is something else that needs doing it is done around your "date". I find this tends to work for me most of the time. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:37 pm

Thanks Judy, what a great idea!

After writing that post, i got off my butt and went for a walk. well done i hear you say. hmm. might have been if i didnt walk to my aunties, eat a piece of pizza, then walk back!!! haha. the walk was very refreshing though! (and the pizza tasted really good!! :twisted: )

beck :wink:

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:39 pm

look at ur ticker beck= 2007 year of fitness. keep referring back to that. great idea from judy too!!

i always think there is time to exercise- u can fit it in its just finding the motivation :)
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:41 pm

hehe. thanks kate. i had forgotten that i had that on my ticker. one walk and i feel heaps better!!

ive got a date with my sneakers tomorrow evening!!!

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:45 pm

GOOD ON YA BECK THATS WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:43 pm

Well done Beck, try to remember how good it made you feel so you will keep motivated to get up and do something.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:06 pm

If you feel that you can't go out & exercise there are many option for exercising at home, like an arobics, pilates, high & low impact, combat video or dvd you can borrow from the video store if you don't have any at home, skipping rope, running up & down the stairs, sit ups, push ups, squats, weights if you don't have any use tin cans or somthing heavy that can hold in your hand. Or somthing fun like pop in your fav. music & dance away to it. As long as it is motivational & gets that heart beat up & it's somthing fun that you enjoydoing. You have done well with your weight lose so far don't give up find somthing that you enjoy, & add it in to your daily life & stick to if you don't have time split it up exercise a little in the morning & in the afternoon Good luck
Chelle

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:58 pm

thanks for all those tips Chelle. i know of all those things, but dont think to do them!!! my new house has stairs so i will be able to use them for exercise. i have found my skipping rope in my unpacking, but have not come across my exercise dvds as yet... atleast now i have somewhere nice to walk, instead of through the city!!!

u gals are the best
thanks for the tips and support!!

(and yes kim, it felt so good walking last night - great motivation to go again!)

corolla_chick

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:22 pm

another walk down. only went for 20mins, but better than no walk at all!! it was sooooooooo cold. had leggings, trackies, singlet, t-shirt, jumper and beanie and it was still chilly. tassie winter is not far away!!

corolla_chick

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:19 pm

corolla_chick wrote:another walk down. only went for 20mins, but better than no walk at all!! it was sooooooooo cold. had leggings, trackies, singlet, t-shirt, jumper and beanie and it was still chilly. tassie winter is not far away!!

Great stuff, Beck. Every bit helps.

It was so nice this evening to put on a fair of fleecy trackie dax and a zip up fluffy windcheater as I braved the chilly evening air as I took my dog for a walk after dinner this evening. Such a nice change from the humid summer weather we've been having here in melbourne... but I'm sure it's going to heat up again in the next few days :roll:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:23 pm

Good on you Bec.....even 5 minutes exercise is better than doing nothing mate!! You are going really well!!

You are in trackie dacks??? Man that is sooo unfair!! Can't half tell winter is approaching in Rocky neither....we are up here sweating our rings off!! LOL :lol: You guys had something like 9 overnight didn't you?? We are still on 23 with a high humidity....I'm movin'!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:53 am

good on ya beck! ur a champ!

not beanie weather here yet *sigh*
kate_turner2000

Postby Lolly » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:00 am

I dream about beanies and tracky daks *sigh*

It is so hot here that I am just sweating getting out of bed in the morning some days - and packing up boxes, I sweat bucketloads.

Hopefully it will all be over come Sunday...
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby Jisgone » Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:59 am

it was 40.5 in perth yesterday, and its going to be 42 today...someone kill me now :(
i was at some friends house yesterday in the aircon and it was soo nice and cool i didnt wanna leave hehe
heres hoping the gyms got the aircon cranked today!
Jisgone

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk