It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:57 am

Free Newsletter

My Job

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My Job

Postby jestxx » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:01 pm

I love my new job, everything about it.

The worst part is;

I work at Domino's Pizza.
Do you know hard it is to resist? I praise myself everyday for not eating a slice of pizza. Or drinking coke, or eating caramel fudge brownies (which are absolutely delicious!). It is hard, but at the same time it is exercising my self-control.

I allow myself one day a week to eat pizza and brownies, but never more than 3 or 4 slices of pizza, and one square of the brownies.

Anyone got any tips for me, to help keep me distracted?

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:30 pm

MMMMM pizza it's a very big temptation......
Drink lots of water, bring somthing healthy to work to eat instead of eating pizza. Or eat before you work so that you are not hungry while you are at work. Just think each slice of pizza that you put into your mouth lowest is 18 grams of fat 227.5 cal & 950KJ the highest is 17.5 grams of fat 360 cal & 1505.5 KJ you times that by 4 your looking aroung 32 to 70grams a fat that's not including the brownie or the soft drink. & the calories intake for the day would probly be out the window for the day. So be careful if you allow your self, once a week to eat pizza make it thin & crispy cut down the slices of pizza to 2 a week & if you need to have a brownie than allow it every 2nd week or once a month even at a treat for a reward for weight loss.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:29 am

hey jess a friend of mine worked at dominos as well and she put on a hell of a lot of weight. she is well over 100kg now and is having probs getting rid of it even though she doesnt work there anymore. its all mind over matter. if u eat something healthy before work or on ur break then u wont be hungry enough to eat the work food. drink lots of water, chew gum or suck on lozenges. keep some ehalthy snacks in ur handbag like dried fruit and nuts. keep telling urself u dont need that stuff!!

Postby Fairie » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:59 pm

Some good tips there Jest, it must be so hard the smell of cooking Pizza's would be way too much for me. I do believe half the time if we didn't smell the food we would not be hungry.

Postby Simmy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:47 pm

I cannot offer any other tips than have already been offered. When I was young I used to work at maccas and getting 50% off when working - I always found it hard to resist. That was way before their 'healthy' options as well.

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:25 pm

I worked at Pizza Hut as a kitchen hand when I was 14/15, and even though there were always pizzas out for us to eat from when people didn't pick them up etc, I rarely ate them.. The smell of the oil cooking and seeing just how much oil goes into the pans for the dough just put me off, I guess!

I found it harder to resist junk food when I worked in office admin and there was always those stupid fundraiser choccies hanging around, and a few places I worked had massive cafeterias with all sorts of baddies. Those places did have some good healthy options though!

The best industry to work in is the fitness industry, where I am now! The only thing we ever have out for people to eat at work is a massive bowl of cut up fresh fruit!!!

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:50 pm

That's got to be tough, Jess, but maybe soon you'll be sooo sick of pizza you'll never want to smell it, let alone eat it, again!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Return to Weight loss Talk