It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Free Newsletter

FRUSTRATED!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

FRUSTRATED!

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:57 am

Hi Guys,

I am so frustrated this morning. I have been really good all week - working out to WATP DVD four times this week and watching what I eat - counting calories, etc.
Then yesterday I blew my calorie intake, but only by about 300 cals. This morning I wake up and the scales are showing a full kilo gain on YESTERDAY!!! :twisted: Man if I lost a full kilo in a day I'd be thrilled, but this is just plain heartbreaking! :cry: So instead of losing half a kilo this week, I've put half a kilo on! It kind of makes all that work seem rather pointless and I'm finding it very hard to stay focused.

Just had to vent.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:59 am

hi dee

man what a kick in the teeth! stay strong mate, dont give up. think of it as a learning experience as well as a chance to lose weight. its about making great choices for life so think about how much u have learnt since starting ur weightloss journey. we all have times like this in the short term but think of the long run! you can do it!!! we believe in you. xoxoxox
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:10 am

dont stress too much dee, depending on where u look a kilo is around 7700 calories, so u have probably just gained fluid. if your not drinking enough water, or eating too much salt or u could just be hormonal it allll leads to retaining water just keep at it and it will all even out :)
Jisgone

Postby Fairie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:24 am

Don't stress too much Dee. I know it is so frustrating and you probably feel like smashing your scales. :wink: I know when I go over my plan I drink twice as much water and that seems to lessen the damage.

I am sure next week will show the lose you want. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Justjudy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:12 am

Dee, I know just how frustrated you feel. I have actually put the scales in the cupboard so I don't weigh myself everyday. I found that there could be up to a kilo difference in a day. I made a pact with myself that I would only weigh myself on Saturday morning, and that is what I am sticking to now.
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby KimE » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm

The body fluctuates a great deal day to day so weighing daily doesn't always give you an accurate picture. Even weekly you will see differences depending on the time of month etc. You can also measure waist, hips, body fat etc as sometimes you may see a loss here but not on the scales. The scales are only one measurement that can be distorted by a number of things. If you are exercising then your body is loving it and it is good for regardless of whether you lose any weight.

Keep at it Dee it is disheartening, frustrating and makes you feel like screaming :evil: but whatever you do, don't give up. Be strong and know what you are doing for yourself is making you healthier.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:10 pm

Okay,

I rang a girlfriend today and she has committed to coming over every Sunday night to do my measurements for me. This way when I'm getting down about slow weight loss - or even weight gain GGGGGGGRRRRRRR - I can focus on cms lost and move forward. I'm feeling much more positive now, and will work hard to push through this.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby milkyway » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:24 pm

Hey Dee - measuring yourself is an excellent idea. I wish I did it last year when I trained for the Oxfam Trailwalker - at the peak of training I was walking/hiking up to 60km or more per week... but over a 5 or 6 month training period, I only lost 2kg (and was disheartened) but I did drop a dress size and I'm sure my body fat % dropped too. So don't be disheartened by the scales - it's just one way of measuring weightloss.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Weight loss Talk