It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:12 am

Free Newsletter

How are you losing your weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How are you losing your weight?

Postby gea » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:10 pm

I am currently calorie counting and exercising to lose my weight.

I go to the gym and do weights and cardio on alternate days.

I am finding the progress is very slowww.

What are you doing to lose weight, what plan are you following and what exercise r you doing?

Thanks.
gea

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Eating better (focusing on 'natural foods'...i.e vegies and wholegrain types and less fats and sugars)
Exercising more (cycling to and from uni/work every day [22/37km return respectively)
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:34 pm

I am just trying to eat well and do some excerise most days. I am also aiming not to eat any of the food the cook cooks at work
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milo » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:35 pm

Plus I am trying to drink 2 liters or more of water a day again. It worked wonders last time
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Fairie » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:15 pm

I'm using the SureSlim plan as a guide and just trying to eat healthy. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Donk » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Everything that milo has said, I just eat healthier, and exercise.

The water thing hasn't been hard, as I never drink Coffee or Tea and only ever drank coke in small doses. I have gone completely off Orange Juice though... Well maybe once in a while.

I'm not helping the drought crisis atm

:P
Donk

Postby Justjudy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:30 pm

I am counting calories (using calorie king) and exercising when I can fit it in (I am a single mum with a 9 yr old and a 3 yr old).

I have actually simplified all our meals, so there is not a huge amount of preparation, and they are as healthy as possible. I have now noticed that the kids are actually prefering the healthy food over the "treat" stuff.

This is not a diet to me, it is a lifestyle that I choose to keep me fit and healthy, so I can be the very best Mum that I can be to my kids, and the very best friend I can be to Me. I think that that attitude is really helping me toward my ultimate goal - not so much thinness as health. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:18 am

Justjudy wrote:
This is not a diet to me, it is a lifestyle that I choose to keep me fit and healthy, so I can be the very best Mum that I can be to my kids, and the very best friend I can be to Me. I think that that attitude is really helping me toward my ultimate goal - not so much thinness as health. :D

well said judy
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:53 am

im on the eat less move more diet, iand i count calories to make sure i do eat less :P
Jisgone

Postby Vegetable » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:22 am

I pretty much follow Weight Watcher's Core plan (mostly just low gi fresh and unprocessed foods and is VERY similar to Dr Phil's ultimate weight solution) and I feel fab for it. Sometimes I have a day of "regular" eating (although my last one, 3 days ago turned into a mammoth binge :oops: so I wont be doing that again!)
Its something I know I can stick to and live with for the rest of my life. (Thanks Dr Phil! :D )
Exercise wise I just try to do more, whether its a 30 min session or a few 10 minute ones, I try and move everyday (I am not a fan of gyms, so I do exercise bike at home, aerobics/exercise vids at home, bellydancing and walk with my little boy as much as possible) I am very laid back about it all
:D
Vegetable

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 am

I am following the Weight Watchers points plan.

Works really well for me when I follow it properly.

I also plan on joining the gym in the next month or so.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:18 am

hey vegetable dont forget to mention the symply too good to be true books! u cook out of them most days dont u? yum yum
kate_turner2000

Postby cindye76 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:10 am

Basically, I have just cut out all junk foods and fats, watching my portion sizes, cut out bread mostly (maybe 3 slices per week), drinking loads of water. Making sure I do at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day...whether its going to curves or going for a walk. Seemed to work well the first week, (2kgs) will see next Tuesday how I have gone in week 2..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtbJ0nL/]
[/url]
cindye76

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:27 pm

I basically just use Calorie King, stick within my kilojoule limit for the day, but I know my BMR and from that have worked out my AMR (active metabolic rate), so I just have worked out a deficit to lose weight each week.

So I stick to that, and make sure I do at least 8000kJ worth of exercise per week (I have a heart rate monitor which tells me exactly how much I burn!), including weights and cardio.. and I make sure I mix it up a bit so my body doesn't get used to it! I do classes like Body Attack, Hi/Lo, Body Pump, Step, RPM (can never get to it anymore though :( :(), Kickboxercise.. and I also do free weights and cardio, and if I'm having a slack day I just go for a decent walk!

I stay away from takeaway, make good choices when out at dinner, make sure I get enough protein and fibre in my diet.. Eat loads of fruit and veges and drink about 3-4L of water a day... Umm eat low fat/diet dairy products eg yoghurt, cheese, milk..

I'm lucky because I don't often crave chocolate and lollies and things like that but if I do, I have a square or 2 of choccy, or a fun size bar, or a little serving of something else!

Everything in moderation :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Vegetable » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:13 pm

Ooooooh yeah Kate How could I forget????? :shock: lol
I own all 5 of the Symply Too Good To Be True cookbooks (by Annette Sym) and I cook from them at least 6 nights a week, and most lunches too :D They are fab, and I could not live without them. They have low fat, low sugar, low salt, low cholesterol, diabetes friendly recipes (what a mouthful lol :D ) breakfasts, lunches, dinners, baking, christmas, and desserts, and they are all delish :P I probably sound like Im trying to sell them, but I just think they are brilliant! xxx
Vegetable

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk