It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Cosmetic Surgury

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Cosmetic Surgury

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:28 am

I know we have probably had this post before but Im intrested in hearing your veiws.
I have always said when I lose and maintain my weight loss I would get a tummy tuck, Well I am within 3 kgs of my goal weight and Ive stayed around this weight (give or take a couple of kgs) for a little while now and DH says go for it if I really want it.
Would you get surgury??? its such a big expence to spend on myself I feel like I shouldnt, but why not you only live once. I know all the pros and cons of having one and Ive nursed people who have had them and seen their results, and seen what can go wrong
would you get surgury?

Postby grugwashere » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:39 am

Hey there,

I take the point of veiw of if you want it go for it.. its there why not utilize it.. im sure you will feel wonderful with a nice flat firm tummy... im asuming u have had kids lol so the pregnancy would have taken all the elasticity fo the skin...

if i could afford it and wasnt so freaked out by those shows where they show it... looks so painful :( i would definately go for it.

its great that ur hubby supports u too!
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:41 am

I would. I would be terrified though! But if I thought that I'd be happier and more confident with my appearance after having kids and that was the only way, despite trying with diet and exercise, I'd do it.

As long as people do it for the right reasons and don't think that it's going to change their personality, win that guy back or fix the world's problems, then no problem.

Any ultimately, it's your decision. It's a very personal thing and you should do it for your own reasons, not because it's been validated (or invalidated) by others.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:02 pm

I would definitely but am a bit scared of surgery! So I went for the non-surgical option, ie the Accent RF fat reduction. To tell the truth I'm starting to get a little frustrated at the results as it seems to be taking forever to see even a tiny change. And it's painful and expensive :(

Ok whinge over! I reckon that if you can afford it, and you believe that you will benefit from it, then why not go for it. With any luck the improvements in self esteem and confidence will far outweigh the financial costs :D

But I don't think you'd want to go having any babies after a tummy tuck... wouldn't that wreck it all?

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 pm

Jody, I feel it is up to the individual whether they choose surgery or not....if you are truly unhappy with your body, then have the surgery done. Make sure you weigh the pros and cons of the proceedure and make sure you are doing it for the right reasons...if you are doing it to improve a relationship or you feel that your life will change for the better for having it done, then perhaps you should wait as surgery is not the answer (now before any one replies, I am NOT saying this is the case for Jody, I am just pointing out things in general) Do you homework on which surgeon and make sure they are reputable and can prove their work history.

From my point of view (and it is strictly mine) I would never be able to have it done as I have an insane fear of going under anaesthetic, but I can understand people that do get it done in order to just feel 'complete' after their weight loss journey.....

I wish you all the best if you decide to get it done.....keep us updated!!!

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:50 pm

i havent looked into them much, and im secretely hoping my skin will have enough elasticity to stretch back! but i think if i could afford it and i felt i needed it then ide get it done. however u do sound like your not sure about it, so wait till your 100000% positive that its what u want and remember the plastic surgeon will still be here next year and the year after if your not ready for it just yet :)

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:44 pm

Well I think Im going to make a couple of appointments with some clinics and find out the gritty details of costs and stuff, I know its about $8000 but I dont know if this includes hospital costs and anesthetist costs
I will keep ypu posted :)

Return to Weight loss Talk