It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:57 am

Free Newsletter

PMS

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Jisgone » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:04 pm

ah, but if u only need them a few days a month what effect will they have on u for the rest of the month? maybe theyde make u different for most of the month, and normal for a few days instead of normal most of the month and angry/sad/upset for a few days
Jisgone

Postby yummymummy » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:02 pm

Im not sure; Ive been looking into that but I dont know anyone on ADs for PMS. There are side effects when on these kind of meds but they affect everyone differently, Im hoping they make me feel normal for the week leading up to my period and not have much effect the rest of the time........................maybe I will feel extra happy the rest of the time lol
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:41 pm

Hey Jody is there any kind of natural alternative that you may be able to take to help with your PMS?? It might be worth looking into. :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:12 pm

I was talking to Mum about this tonight... apparently there's some pill that Lisa Curry endorses that's supposed to be good? I'm going to check it out... I've noticed the past few months my PMS has been shocking. This month in particular, it made me want to quit my job. I wouldn't talk to any other employees at work much, I kept to myself, hated going to work etc etc.. While there WERE a few issues going on at work, they were no where near bad enough to consider me actually giving up my job!! Because I do have it pretty good there!!!

I just can't believe how much worse it's gotten.. I used to be a bit emotional, would feel like crying at the drop of a hat, but now it's just making me totally doubt and question everything in my life and makes me feel like just giving up altogether!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Julz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:45 pm

I'm fortunate enough to not suffer from pms, at least I don't think do lol! My husbands never complained and I seem to be pretty calm all the time- unless provoked, but my reaction is the same whatever time of the month it is.

But I do think I know what you girls go through, what you are describing sounds a lot like how I was on fertility drugs. I was really emotional, crying over nothing and very irrational. I have heard that evening primrose can help, have u girls given this a try?
Julz

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:47 am

PMS is a hormonal imbalance, and as such is best corrected with a hormonal supplement - I would think. Perhaps worth asking your doc if there's anyting you can take during TTOM to get yur hormone levels right?

'Course, I would think that doc knows best and I would be inclined to go with them.

dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:23 pm

He offered me the pill because thats apparently quite good at stabilising PMS but all the pill Ive tried in the past trigger migranes so they are out of the question for me
Im intrested to find out about the lisa curry supplements Ive tried evening primrose oil and some other herbal supplements in the past without much luck :cry:
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:58 pm

Was the Lisa Curry one called SamE.. or something like that? St John's Wort is supposed to be good for elevating mood etc... I have tried it in the past but it didn't work for me :(
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:43 pm

I'm on the pill and it doesn't make my PMS any better at all :( The weird thing is, my periods seem to be getting lighter and shorter but my PMS seems to be getting longer and so much worse! GRRRR!!! Can't win!!!

Yeah I'm not sure at all about the Lisa Curry one, I'm going to google it now!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:45 pm

I've just had my Implanaon removed - it's a little stick thing in my arm that's supposed to be effective contraception for 3 years. All it did was make me A censored!!!!! Hoping to see some improvement pretty soon.

Dee
[/url]
Dee

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:48 pm

Oooh yeah I had the Implanon for a while! Turned me into a moody cow (even more so than usual :wink: :wink: ) - my poor boyfriend at the time!!!

Couldn't find a thing on the Lisa Curry supplement :( Maybe I should ask the health food store!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:14 pm

hey dee i had implanon in for two years. it made a censored and i put on sooo much weight from it, the dr has told me there have been so many he has had to remove because of the side effects. i had it put in originally because i kept forgetting to take the pill. i will never have it put back in again.
kate_turner2000

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm

i swear im the only person whos had no problems with implanon :P i get the odd period, but never heavy and never any pain. i havent been moody or hormonal and ive lost weight! ive had it for just over 2 years :)
Jisgone

Postby yummymummy » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:05 pm

I was an absolute mad woman with the implanton and gained 10kgs in weight :? and had one continious period with it
never again
Jody

[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:53 pm

Yeah - my Doc says she usually recommeds people stick with it for 3 months cos almost everyone turns feral to begin with . I stuck with it for a year... umm maybe too long, eh?

She did say I might find the weight loss easier with it removed, but we'll see. After all, it's not the implant that made me fat - it's the mountains of food I've consumed. She asked me what I've been doing to lose weight so far - having noticed I was slimming down a little - and I told her: "I've been using weightloss.com.au - the best diet I've ever been on!"

Dee
[/url]
Dee

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk