It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:22 am

Free Newsletter

PMS

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:01 pm

I got a 5-week period with mine in too!! Didn't get one for about 2 months and then just had a really light one continuously. Sooo annoying!! Never getting that again! I'd love to go off the pill but I'm scared my body will go all out of whack!! The Deprovera shot has been reccommended to me but mum said she got it when she was younger and she got one long period with it too! And you just have to wait for it to wear off!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby pino » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:02 am

i would suggest against anti-depressants. u cant really use them just few days a month coz they take about 6-8 weeks to kick in anyway. plus (and this is my personal opinion) they really dont help. i was on it for a while for various reasons and it made me feel worse if anything.it numbs you so u cant really have bad reactions to feelings like pms but u cant really have the other emotions either. so i reckon look for more natural options. let me know if anythign works coz i have the same problem! :)
pino

Postby yummymummy » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:04 pm

They actually do prescibe antidepressants to take for the week leading up to your period and apparently this can work quite well, I tried it for the week prior to my last period and it worked really well but I did find when I stopped I felt a little bizarre for a day or 2, I guess I have to weight up the pros and cons of taking them, Im a little concerned about weight gain
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:25 pm

I found that my pms has gotten worse since having my children. I can feel myself getting irritated easily, the smallest thing just sets me off. I can hear myself yelling at people - but it is so damn hard to stop. My pms starts usually 2 weeks before my period is due and it can be an emotional rollercoaster. I also suffer cronic pelvic, back and leg pain at least 4 days before I start and this pain can last up until the last day of my cycle. I think that my husband deserves a medal for putting up with me. He does however call me a COW (contankerous old woman) when I get really bad.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby dancer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:06 pm

You could try chasteberry. You can buy it at the pharmacy, but it's called Vitex. It's supposed to help regulate your cycles and releive the symptoms of PMS etc.

I've just used it this month and didn't really get any PMS and my cycle was 28 days which I've ever had before. Usually 33-42 days.

Natures Own is the brand I used. It's all natural.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:42 am

I used to take the Vitex too. I think it worked... maybe! I stopped taking it when my periods stopped coming lol, not much point then! I got one after 7 months about four weeks ago, so who knows I might need start buying it again. I got the Fusion Health brand one :)
http://completehealth.com.au/Products/V ... blets.aspx
SarahC

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:46 pm

BTW if anyone is interested, that Lisa Curry supplement for PMS is called "30 Plus"... If you're interested the number to call is 1800 307 587, was advertised in a magazine this month! :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Iwillbefit » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:38 pm

Time to bump this up I thought lol.

Bad timing, today being the coldest day in July in Sydney for the past twenty years meant something was gonna give.

I had a really really good day with my food, but come dinner time I taste tested no less then 10 times :shock: It was too delicious - creamy chicken and vegetables :? And then I thought what are you doing, just sit down put some in a bowl and enjoy it and then you'll be satisfied. But now I've just finished my second serve...

And not even in the "mood" for doing anyyything - blegh :cry:
I cracked the 90kg mark for the first time in two years, I'm happy!!
Iwillbefit

Postby Fireball » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:25 pm

I've just got to ask - How do I know if my pms is a problem or if my family drive me nuts?

I don't feel like I get particularly bad pms, and when people say I am having pms, inevitably it is the wrong time of the month. hehe I do seem to get the sniffles more often and feel more tired but mainly I don't feel I have the energy to ask people to:
* clean up after them self - again,
* stop arguing,
* put the dishes in the dish washer,
* bring the garbage can inside the gate instead of just rolling it up the driveway and leaving it out the front so I still have to bring it in
* stop trying to avoid their night to cook by suggesting takeaway then sulking when I say no (same as their last turn for cooking)
* do their chores
etc etc etc.

Is this just me? I really feel the main problem is people not following through on what they are supposd to do, then when I'm tired I just don't have the spare energy to get over all the hurdles.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby chubbywife79 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:02 pm

When I get PMS I some go weird lol. I don't normally like chocolate and that the only time every 3 months I want chocololate. You see me in the corner eating it lol.
chubbywife79

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:47 pm

I had really bad PMS....but I'm not talking getting angry, etc., although I have had angry PMS in the past. :x I was having nausea, dizziness, couldn't concentrate (it was like I had cotton wool in my head), and I would cry at the drop of a hat. The symptoms got really bad when I started working as a paramedic.....stress, night shifts, etc....not to mention not being able to think straight (Bad in my line of work!). :cry:

The icing on the cake was an early morning call (4am) for a woman who fainted. As I was checking her out to see if she was OK I felt nauseated and almost fainted myself! Then I couldn't even string a sentence together....I'd start with a few words then I couldn't remember what I was going to say. :shock:

I knew I had to try something...so I started on the 30 plus tablets. The chemist told me her daughter was on them and they take about 2 months to see any improvement but she swore by them. So I got them.

A year later I wouldn't be without them!! :lol: I noticed recently when I hadn't been taking them every day for a few weeks I felt depressed and on the verge of tears for an entire weekend. I frightened a poor guy friend of me when he asked if I was OK I burst into tears! He couldn't get away fast enough! :lol:

And btw....PMS is hormonal....oestrogen is the culprit for everything! Even the dizziness/nausea! Antidepressants screw around with your brain chemistry.....I wouldn't even go there! :?

I sure hope this is helpful to somebody....

:) M

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby sassi » Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:20 pm

i definitely get the cotton wool feeling at TOTM - and headaches quite often as well - i always feel like someone has kicked me in the head lol. and my eyes feel so tired.

my tolerance levels drop alarmingly....little things annoy me & i get snappy...actually - it's all about the "s" - i'm sook, sulk, stomp and sob (well, there are sometimes tears, but i had to stay with the theme ;) )

i might look into the 30 plus tablets. my bf will be pleased!
sassi

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:07 pm

Yeah, I used to get terrible 3 day headaches and my eyes were always tired too. I found out that my tired eyes were due more to my anaemia than anything else (reduced oxygen supply to the eyes = tired eyes).

Good luck with the 30+ tabs....they do take around 2 months to kick in though.

Last edited by reester33 on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reester33

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:19 pm

Tell me more please about the 30+ pills?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby reester33 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:40 pm

You can buy the 30+ tablets at the chemist, Priceline and I think I've even seen them in Safeway. 120 tabs cost around $49.95 I think, but last for two months if you take two per day (I just realised I was taking only one - no wonder I still have occasional PMS symptoms! :lol: )

They come in a white and pink pack with a picture of Lisa Curry-Kenny on the front. They treat mild anxiety, irritability, nervousness, mood changes, tiredness, nervous tension and difficulty in concentrating. Each tablet contains Cimicifuga racemosa (don't ask me what that is), tyrosine (amino acid), folic acid, chromium (balances blood sugar), calcium, etc.

It states on the packet "The 30 plus formula combines the internationally studied and proven effectiveness of Cimicifuga racemosa with amino acids, nutrients and vitamins to help regulate the bodies hormone production centres." Excessive oestrogen is usually the culprit for PMS. The body can increase oestrogen production through increased insulin levels. Oestrogen also needs an adequate supply of cofactors so that it can be broken down. If these are insufficient, oestrogen levels increase thus causing imbalance and PMS symptoms. Cofactors include folic acid, vitamins B6 and B12. These nutrients are depleted with the pill therefore you can still have PMS on the pill!! Other causes include alcohol and STRESS (no wonder my PMS got worse when I started my new job).

More information can be found at...
http://www.30plus.com.au

reester33

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk