It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

Another Question

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Question

Postby Tas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:10 am

Thought I would ask this question as it has been bothering me for a few days: I haven't lost any weight since my last noted figure of 82.4 and that was 3 days ago - I have stuck to the low fat diet but have increased my workout - could the increase in workout be a contributing factor to having lost no weight in 3 days?
By way of increasing my workout I mean I am giving it more intesity throughout.

Hope all the above makes sense to someone because it doesn't to me :roll:

Cheers
Maria who will still be plodding along with the hope of losing this extra weight
Tas

Postby Fairie » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:02 am

Hi Maria,

I only like to weigh myself once a week because it does go up and down throughout the week and I would only get frustrated with myself if I didn't see any losses.

I'm not an expert on excersising but I have heard when you are building muscle you don't loose as much. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Tas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:34 am

Thanks for that Fairie - I thought I had read somewhere that exercing can make the blubber turn to fat and of course the weight remains the same - but I wanted a second opinion.

I will refrain form weighing myself so often and do the same as you and do it weekly...thanks again.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:07 pm

I have heard that even while exercising you gain muscle mass which may be why the scales dont show a loss but when u measure yourself it shows up . Also some days u retain more fluid therefore shows up as a gain or no movement on the scales .. Im not really sure if its true just read it somewhere
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Tas » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:17 pm

Thanks Jules!

I was just getting confused as I have been exercising like crazy and keeping to a low fat diet and could not understand the scales!! LOL

But once the fat turns to muscle will it show in the scales? I have definately lost weight and is does show in my clothes but not the scales this last few days...I should have measured myself when I first started this campaign....didn't think about that one...

Thanks again..
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Serena » Sun Oct 30, 2005 11:40 pm

Fat and blubber are the same thing so one turning into the other isn't going to help. Fat is replaced by muscle when you start to exercise though and muscle is heavier which is why your scales aren't showing a loss when your clothes are. But don't worry, it will even itself out after a few weeks and muscle increases your metabolism so your body will burn fat faster giving you great results. From what I've read of your efforts, you're doing a fantastic job and you just have to have a little patience and some faith. If you put in the work, the results will follow.
Serena

Return to Weight loss Talk