It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:37 am

Free Newsletter

So disappointed

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

So disappointed

Postby Vegetable » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:46 am

Hey ppl!
Just wanted to say that I am so disappointed and disgusted in myself. For about the last 2 weeks I have not weighed in on the challenge board. I have eaten really well all day, then massively binged in the evenings. Well, I figured I had better just face the music so I weighed myself this morning. I Have put on 4 kgs!!!!!! :cry: Im really annoyed because it has taken me forever to get under 100 kg and now I am back to 102.4 :cry: :cry: :cry: I think I have sorted out the emotional reasons behind my eating ( lonliness and boredom, when my little one goes to bed, I pig out cos Im so bored) so that is a good start. I think because of the plan I am doing I am justifying eating junk too. (eg I cook a lot from the annette sym books, and always have tempting cakes, dessert, etc around and even though they are lite I cant stop after just one piece)
So, my solution is that I just wont have ANY because I really cant control myself with this type of food...... Im considering starting Tony Ferguson, because then I KNOW I cant eat even just a little bit, and hopefully becuse of how strict it is, I wont worry....... sigh
Is anybody on TF? Is it any good? Thanks for letting me whinge
Vegetable

Postby Groovychic » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am

Hi Amy,
There are a few members on TF here. They seem to be having fairly good success with it. As for the added weight, don't stress too much about it. Its been done now so no point beating yourself up over it. Just start thinking of what you can do to remove it again!! You know you can do it because you have proven that. Maybe in the evening when your little one goes to bed you could do something to take your mind off food. Can you do some exercise at home??? Maybe drinking a large glass of water if you really feel like eating something naughty. Or having something healthy, such as piece of fruit or carrot sticks. There are plenty of options out there. I'm sure you will be fine and will get back on track soon. Good luck mate.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby SarahC » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am

I know how you feel... I have done similar the last few weeks :( The good thing is that you have realised what is happening and the reasons behind it... that's a great start towards doing something to stop it :D I know it's hard, but try to not dwell on the past, just accept what has happened and start working on getting back on track again.

You may even find that the whole 4kg is not just fat, some of it may be fluid gain as well :wink:

I reckon TF is pretty good.... I did something similar while I was losing weight and found it pretty good (I used the basic idea of it, but changed it to suit myself lol). Lots of people have had great success with it! Let us know how you get on :D
SarahC

Postby Mandie » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:11 am

Me too, me too!

You need something to zap the loneliness and boredom - fast!

Sometimes you can set little rules for yourself.. like you always must put food on a plate and sit down to eat it, and when you're eating, you can't use the computer or read or watch TV. If you have to turn the TV off to have a snack, you might find you don't really want it!

Or - do some exercise instead. Can you do an exercise DVD or something at that "danger time" so you won't be binging?

Another good one is chewing gum, or brushing your teeth - that way, you can't eat for a while. Or drinking a whole bottle of water bfeore you're allowed to eat anything.

Best of luck, jump back on the horse and don't fret - we all slip now and again, it's how we cope with it that counts!
Mandie

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Oh Amy, don't beat yourself up about it. Learn from it and move on. Don't expect yourself to get this perfect all the time; it's all part of learning how to be a healthier person.

I'm sorry that you've struggled so much lately, but try and move forward now - end the cycle and begin again. Think about it this way- at least you haven't had to start from scratch all over agin.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby 13words » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:42 am

You could always try what I do, whenever I feel like eating something that's not too good for me, I go into the bedroom and try on a few of the clothes that don't quite fit me yet! This makes me not want to eat, honestly it sounds stupid, but it works wonders!! 8)
SW: 126.4
CW: 103s
1st GW: 99.9
13words

Postby Julz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:10 am

Hi Amy,

After I had my son I found I was having the same problem, all those late nite feeds for bubs were late night feeds for me too. I found myself constantly going for the fridge- or freezer, ice cream was a favourite. I was able to stop this habit by munching only on ice cubes.

I do think distraction is the best way to deal with it, finmd something to keep you occupied rather than eating through boredom. I have no idea what time you go to bed, but maybe you could try goig to bed a bit earlier? Thats something I have to work on myself, I really go to bed before 2 am and I'm awake at 7.30.

I wouldn't dwell too much on the weight you gained, everyone falls off the wagon at some time. Best to look at the overall picure, you have lost lots of weight, you only have to lose 2.5kg to get back down to double digits and thats only a small fraction of what you have already lost, you'll do it easily in a few weeks.

Let us know how you go :)
Julz

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:23 am

13words wrote:You could always try what I do, whenever I feel like eating something that's not too good for me, I go into the bedroom and try on a few of the clothes that don't quite fit me yet! This makes me not want to eat, honestly it sounds stupid, but it works wonders!! 8)

What a great idea, its incentive not to give and let all that hard work go to waste. And you'll feel fantastic knowing that you will soon fit into it. Knowing this you won't want to eat that unhealthy food.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 am

Amy, I agree with Sarah- the gain may be fluid gain.

Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain. At least you have identified why you do what you do. Everyone here has given some great suggestions to keep the boredom, loneliness away.

You could also start tracking your success- write a journal add pictures of yourself at starting weight then every months add another so you can see how well your doing. Write a list of goals and a list of things to distract yourself when loneliness/boredom kicks in and when you feel the need to eat not out of hunger look over your list.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:31 am

Lol - that is a great idea! Actually, there are quite a few good ideas on this thread :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Jisgone » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:36 am

dont stress too much about it vegetable, everyone falls off the wagon sometimes the important part is u have recognised it and are taking steps to fix it :) alot of the time with rapid weight gain it comes off just as fast (i think we all had big losses after xmas :P) so dont let it get u down u have done such a great job so far :) keep at it!
Jisgone

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:58 am

Image Amy

good on you for confessing about your nighttime treats. that was one of my biggest downfalls too. as soon as heidi was in bed it was time to get the chocolates out, ice cream, and coke and eat it all. it was my way of relaxing and whilst doing it infront of the tv and i was eating it without even consiously realising what was going into my mouth.

heaps of the girls have offered great tips already. i find that chewing gum or sucking on a wrigleys Extra drop really helps. as some poeple have mentioned already alot of it is probably fluid. i ate like a horse over xmas and new year and put on 4kg exactly and the first week back into weightloss i lost 4.3kg. its a lot of fluid!

dont be down on yourself, head to the inspiration section and have a look around, or the before and after photo section. you are right, if you cant handle the foods and portions its best not to have them in the house- like me and my cashews Image

as for tony ferguson - if you have any questions ask away. my cousins work for mr ferguson and my sister has just started the programme so i can try and help to answer questions for you. a couple of members are on the programme. hayley is on it but is currently moving house so she hasnt been online for awhile. you are right its pretty strict and can work out expensive (i personally couldnt afford it being on one income) but you need to work out whats best for you. the website is http://www.tonyferguson.com if you wanted to check it all out and havent already.

keep your chin up amy, you will be back below 100 before you know it. dont forget to change ur ticker :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:15 pm

I like the idea baout trying on clothese that don't quite fit - genius!
I'm gonna try that next time I start to crave... anything really!

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:10 pm

Lots of good tips there. I like the idea of exercise and the healthy snacks like carrot sticks etc.

Also do you have a hobby you can get into or start. Something you find interesting enough to occupy the time.

All the best and you can get back to under 100.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

13 words

Postby Adelaide_Guy_68 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:35 pm

I think the suggestion by 13words is an absolutely brilliant idea.

Nothing annoys me more than having a wardrobe full of nice stylish clothes and not being able to fit in to any of them.

Especially when I am going out and I try on a few clothes and they do not fit. As much as I like my trakky daks, I do wish I could fit all my nice clothes on.

I must admit I find it depressing but it certainly has the effect of making me determined to lose weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzya2y7/]
[/url]
Adelaide_Guy_68

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk