It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Has anyone had this problem?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Donk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 pm

I hate people telling me now that I look fine and I don't need to lose any more weight. Someone actually said to me that they don't want me 'going the other way'. Are you serious? I love my food there is now way I could ever go that far. I know they are just looking out for my health, but seriously, looking out for my health should be encouraging me to keep going, I have a goal and I am going to achieve it. They may think I look 'skinny' that's because I was huge before, I am still overweight for my height, just a little more support from some people wouldn't go astray sometimes.
Donk

Postby Mandie » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:03 pm

Mmm.. sometimes I've had the problem of "too much" support - I got down from nearly 140kg to about 110kg and everyone kept telling me how great I looked, and how fantastic my loss was.. so I kinda stopped losing and stayed around the same weight for 2 years!!

I guess you have to realise that no-one else knows how it feels to be you, and no-one else can really understand what you are feeling... if that makes sense?

As long as YOU are happy, and YOU know you are doing this to be healthy... and you stay in the healthy weight range... you're doing fine!

And if all else fails, you've got us to support you!
Mandie

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:07 pm

I know what you mean Donk I think people do get used to looking at you bigger and that skews there view when you are slimmer.

I now get told constantly not to lose anymore weight. I stopped not because of others but because I started to look a bit gaunt only in the face mind you. Anyway I didn't like the look and my hubby mentioned it too but I am happy as at 58 I am still in my healthy weight range and don't feel I have to be any smaller. Still annoys me though that people say 'you don't want to lose anymore weight', well it's not up to them.

For the most part during the journey everyone was very encouraging especially once they saw what I was doing was working for me.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm

I think part of that may come from envy, actually. People get a little threatened when someone else is setting goals and cheiving them - they start to feel a little inferior sometimes.

Don't sweat it - you know why you are still losing weight - you are making healthy choices - not simply avoiding food.

Congratulations on you success so far, and good luck from here on in.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Mandie wrote:Mmm.. sometimes I've had the problem of "too much" support - I got down from nearly 140kg to about 110kg and everyone kept telling me how great I looked, and how fantastic my loss was.. so I kinda stopped losing and stayed around the same weight for 2 years!!

Mandie, I have experienced the same thing. People would tell me how well I had done, how great I looked, and I subconciously thought "wow, I must have made it" and stopped at that point, never to go below it. Untill now that is.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk