It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:05 am

Free Newsletter

What diets are you on?/Have been on?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What diets are you on?/Have been on?

Postby talia11 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:39 pm

Not sure if this has been done before, but I am interested to see what diets people are using, if any, or have used in the past to successfuly lose their weight?

I am on Lite n Easy, Day 3 down, which is great for me as I have a very busy work/personal life, I previously used the Admin Censored program which worked great, but the preperation was a pain and I love food too much!!

Anyone else?
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:51 pm

its nice to hear you are going so well on that carmen :) good work! i actually havent tried anything before. i used to say "ah i will start eating healthy and exercise tomorrow or on monday" and i never did. one day i thought 'this is it" *had my light bulb moment :idea: * and went on my merry way cutting out all the 'bad' stuff and starting exercising and eating better.

there is a section with info about different programmes and diets, but id also be interested in hearing other peoples experiences on different programmes. different things work for different people :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:06 pm

Talia, I finally found something that worked for me - old fashioned calorie counting and exercise. I did lose some weight on weight watchers some years ago, but gained it all (and some extra) back after having just a few days off and not being able to get on track. :oops:

This time I started off just eating sensibly and started to do some exercise, this changed my eating habits. I found that I wasn't losing weight, and started using Calorie King which revealed that my portions were way too big, :oops: once I cut back my portion sizes and stuck within my calorie limit for the day it all has just kind of fallen in place. :D

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:55 pm

Yup, I'm pretty much the same as Judy! I started out on Weight Watchers, lost 18kg, put 6kg back on, and then about a year later started kilojoule counting using Calorie King and I exercise a lot too! At first I found it hard to get used to counting kilojoules as opposed to Weight Watchers 'points', but I got used to it fairly quickly and now it's just natural!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:41 pm

I am doing the Success program from Amcal. So far I have lost just over 5kgs in 3 weeks. I am happy with it and hope to keep going as I am!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Vegetable » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:16 pm

Hey Carmen :D
Well, I started off on WW points plan, lost about 20 kgs, then did WW core plan and lost another 6 (over a loooooong period of time) as of tomorrow, I am starting Tony Ferguson (Im excited but a little nervous too!) Good on you, I knew someone who did lite and easy and she thought it was great and did really well with it. Good luck with L&E, Im sure you will get great results!
Vegetable

Postby Vegetable » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Oh, and I forgot to say that I am only 20, but I have been on (I think) just about every single damn diet on the planet... weight watchers, jenny craig, sureslim, TOWN club, soup diet, Ultraslim, detox, liver cleansing diet, great australian diet, you name it Ive done it! Im hoping to end it and do TF once and for all, I think it will really suit me, and hopefully I will have some success and I know that I really want to stick it out.
Vegetable

Postby Chelle » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 pm

I've never been on any diet, just watched what I eat & exercised
Chelle

Postby MissE » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 pm

I started on WW but these days I have developed my own plan from the info I gather. Breakfast is cerel, usually rice bubble, and thats all my carbs for the day. lunch and dinner are protein and veg. Seems to be working, and I'm not abig carb fan anyway...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby electrongirl » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:40 pm

I am following the Weight Watchers points plan.

I don't consider it a diet but a way of life. Because Diets end. Life doesn't!

I eat pretty much everything but in moderation. Even chocolate gets a place in most days.
As long as it fits into my points allowance its good.

I have lost 3.6kg over 2 months. It would have been more but I fell off the wagon a few times.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:29 pm

I'm at the very 'low tech' end of the spectrum. I am eating better and exercising more. That's it.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Puffer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm

I lost 5kg just counting food in calorie king and exercising but the last two were really painfully slow (1kg lost in 3 weeks on 4500kj per day) and then I fell off the wagon a bit because it was all just to hard.

Now I am trying something different - the body for life challenge which rather than cutting down kilojoules focuses on speeding your metabolism by eating 6 meals a day (protein and carbs in each one) and doing intense weight sessions 3 times a week to build muscle mass and intense 20 minute cardio sessions 3 times a week. You get one day off exercise and one day off to eat whatever you want a week.

I am half way through my first week and it seems easy although I think I am eating to much, need to find smaller meal options. Fingers crossed !
Puffer

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:30 pm

I have tried lots of fad diets in the past and found that I could never get past the 2 week mark.

I don't believe diets work as there is a beginning and an end to diets and what happens after that, you go back to your original way of eating without having learnt anything at all.

I decided to do it the only way which works less energy in equals more energy out. I count Kilojoules and exercise. I eventually intend to make nothing a sin (as long as it’s in moderation and portion controlled) but I want to get to my second goal weight before I allow that, as I want my body to get used to all the healthy yummy food it is getting before I will have the sometimes food (although I must learn to eat and enjoy this without the guilt).

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby milkyway » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:52 pm

A_Corner_Of_The_Earth wrote:I don't believe diets work as there is a beginning and an end to diets and what happens after that, you go back to your original way of eating without having learnt anything at all.

I decided to do it the only way which works less energy in equals more energy out. I count Kilojoules and exercise. I eventually intend to make nothing a sin (as long as it’s in moderation and portion controlled) but I want to get to my second goal weight before I allow that, as I want my body to get used to all the healthy yummy food it is getting before I will have the sometimes food (although I must learn to eat and enjoy this without the guilt).

These are pretty much my sentiments. I recently started using Calorie King and was shocked to discover what is an actual portion :shock:

I am now looking forward to the time when I can pretty much guess the caloric value of everything and don't have to worry about weighing stuff etc.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:41 am

milkyway wrote:These are pretty much my sentiments. I recently started using Calorie King and was shocked to discover what is an actual portion :shock:

I am now looking forward to the time when I can pretty much guess the caloric value of everything and don't have to worry about weighing stuff etc.

I know what you mean with portion sizes, I'm amazed as well :shock: . I used to eat way more than was necessary thinking that was the standard portion size. Now I've swapped my standard dinner plate with a small bowl to trick my brain that I am still getting a lot more food.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk