It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Free Newsletter

What diets are you on?/Have been on?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ally » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:59 am

That is a great idea Jennifer and it does work!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:39 pm

Hey Puffer! Body for life is great! Just dont be disheartened if you put on weight at first, its prob just your body adjusting to the extra food. Especially coz you were on such a low cal diet, your body may have gone into starvation mode and all this extra food will make it go :shock: :P :P :P so dont be surprised. In the end though, you will have lose FAT, not muscle and I'd love to see your results! MAke sure you get body fat tests done before and after so you know your real results rather than just relying on the scale.
Liz :D

PS. Oh, and be careful not to overdo things on your free day, I've been known to wipe out a whole week's worth of dieting in one bad day. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: Most people who have done it recommend having a free meal rather than a free day, but see how you go.
bluebox451

Postby doublebubble » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:13 pm

I'm calorie counting and doing loads of excercise.
doublebubble

Postby Puffer » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 pm

Bluebox it's great to hear from someone else who has done BFL. How did it all work out for you? Do you have before and afters?

I was *so* looking forward to my free day tomorrow and planning everything I would splash out on during the week hehe. I may need to reign myself in a bit...

I'm not going to rely on the scales too much, it makes sense that you won't loose 'weight' quickly because you will be building muscle which is heavier than that fat you loose. I saw a suggestion somewhere to take a photo each week and I think I will try that.

At the moment I am struggling to find a whey protein isolate (has to be an isolate because I am lactose intolerant) in small packets to try. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and buy $80 worth of Myoplex and hope that I like it! Did you use any supplements? which ones taste the best? I have tried to soy based ones they are yuck!
Puffer

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:30 pm

Ally wrote:That is a great idea Jennifer and it does work!!

Certianly does Ally. It's amazing how we can fool the brain into thinking we are eating more, when in actual fact we are eating less :D

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:31 pm

Hey puffer, I really regret that I didnt take photos. I only ended up losing about 4kgs but I built a lot of muscle and people said they could really tell in my arms and shoulders. I trained really hard but as I mentioned above, I went overboard on the free days. :oops: :( :(

For protein powder, I use Goliath's WPI 90 (choc hazelnut crunch flavour) and it tastes great! Probably the best one I've tasted and it shakes up well with water. Its a whey protein isolate and it says on the tub that its got only 1% lactose so I dont know if that will affect you. The good thing about it is that you can get it in single serve sachets to try all the flavours instead of having to buy a huge tub and end up not liking it. Once you decide on a flavour though, its probably best to buy a tub coz it works out cheaper. Per serve, there's hardly any fat (0.12g), or carbs (1.9g) and doesnt contain any added sugar (or aspartame). Its only 62kjs per serve and has 25.5g protein.
Here's the website if you want to check it out.
http://www.goliaths.com.au/

As for protein bars, EAS used to make these "Body For Life" bars which were delicious :P :P so I used those sometimes. Unfortunately they dont make them anymore.
Now, I use the Horley's Carbless ones (Double Dutch Choc Fudge flavour) which are ten times better than any other one I've tried (and I've tried a lot!) They are only 180 cals each and 18.4g protein. They contain a protein blend (soy protein isolate, calcium caseinate and whey protein isolate). They use real chocolate for the outside which tastes great but I'm not sure if it would affect you. Check out this website for full list of ingredients.
http://www.completehealth.com.au/Produc ... ramel.aspx

Anyway, those are my favorites. You can go for any one you like but make sure they dont have too much sugar or other crap that you dont need.
Let us know how you go! Are you using a personal trainer or are you doing it yourself?

Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:34 pm

Woops, just re-read my post. The WPI contains 462kjs per serve (not 62kjs) :oops: :oops: Sorry!
bluebox451

Postby Puffer » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:06 pm

I thought that sounded to good to be true! I am doing it myself because personal trainers are a bit too expensive. I go to Fernwood and had a personal training session on Thursday (left over from a 3 pack I bought) and although they are fun to be honest I think I work myself harder doing weights than the personal trainer works me!

I had my eye on the goliaths stuff, I just cant find anywhere which sells the trial satchets, so I wasn't willing to commit. In fact I am having trouble finding anywhere which sells protein supplements other than coles and healthy life, which is frustrating because online you can only buy packs of 12 bars or a 1kg tub etc which are very expensive if you decide you don't like the product!

I see you can buy those Horleys ones individually though so I might give one a try.

Yesterday I couldn't wait so I had turkish pizza for dinner and ice cream last night for my 'free' meal and it was yummo! I'm also allowing myself a choccy today and some leftovers for lunch. Hopefully thats not over-doing it too much!

Bluebox are you a boy or a girl?
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:07 pm

bluebox's name is LIZ :) everytime you say you had turkish pizza for dinner i always drool! wish we had that up here
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks Kate, I won't forget your name in a hurry :wink:
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:50 pm

sing out if you do ;) hehe ill be quick to remind you... im the loud crazy girl!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:25 am

Can I call ya Krazy Kate! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:27 am

yeah yeah Kim!! Krazy Kate in the Kranky Korner!!! hehehehehe :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:32 am

LOL hereafter known as Krazy Kate's Kranky Korner. You know we loves ya Kate. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:34 am

ditto Kate! :P :lol: :P :lol:
[/url]
Ally

PreviousNext