It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:22 am

Free Newsletter

Feeling Crook Today

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Feeling Crook Today

Postby Tas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:09 pm

I have been keeping to my low fat diet and regular exercise and don't feel like I have done anything different - but today I am quite dizzy and feeling a little on the weak side. I have continued to push the envelope with the excerise and low fat diet today but do feel a little odd (odder than normal) :roll:

Everything seems an effort today and must push myself to reach my goals set for the day.

For Breakfast:
A slice of wholemeal toast and light peanut butter
Lunch 4 sesame seed vitabrits with a thin slice of low fat cheese and tomato and an apple
Dinner will be poached eggs and maybe spinach (yuck) wish I could change the taste of spinach and/or cover it with something healthy?

Excercises today:

Before breakfast: 4 kilometres on ski/walker
10 reps on multi gym

Before lunch:
3 kilometres on ski/walker (was starting to feel crook here)
10 reps on multi gym

Afternoon exercise (before feeding the animals)
6 kilometres on ski/walker
10 reps on mulit gym
2.79 kilometres on exercise bike

I have just called a personal trainer and have an appointment on Thursday at 4.00pm - will let you know what he has to say..

Cheers

Maria
Tas

Postby Serena » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:28 pm

You are probably overdoing it with your exercise. Your diet seems to be okay but 3 full workouts is really too much. You should take a day off at least once a week to let your body rest and recover and you shouldn't be doing the same weights on consecutive days. If your gym has multiple exercises you could alternate. Hope you're feeling better though. Also, the more you exercise the more energy you burn and your body can't burn your fat stores that quickly so you may need to eat a bit more to compensate, and so you have enough energy to get through your day. Probably your trainer will tell you all about this when you have your meeting. It helps to keep a bit of a journal on how much exercise you do and what you've been eating so they can tell where you might be going wrong.
Serena

Postby Tas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:38 pm

Yes you are probably right on the ball there - I guess as my work is mainly on the computer. I tend to feel guilty about sitting down so long working away. Then I go for the exercises in between working. The reason why I piled on the extra 10-15 kilos was because of my work as well as health issues and always working such long hours at the computer.

So what I am trying to do it to work away for a couple of hours and then get on the skiwalker - but of course once I am on it I tend to set myself a goal and often just go over the goal and continue to the next kilometre.

My OH seems to think that I am not eating enough - but it's hard to know what is enough and what is too much - so I tend to lean towards *not enough* rather than the latter.

I will try and set a goal for tomorrow and that is a small amount of work out and then that's it...hope I can stick to this goal...

Thanks Serena.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:43 pm

I'm just guessing here (because you'd need a blood test from a doctor to be sure) but you could be lacking iron, the clue was when you said "spinach yuk"
When I felt dizzy and tingly and later kept fainting, it turned out I wasn't eating enough iron. The health food stores (or even the supermarkets ) sell natures own organic iron. The naturopath recommentded them to me and they worked a treat.
It you keep feeling dizzy please check things out with your doctor.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:44 pm

Thanks Dolly - I had better speak to my GI doctor (crohns) - it's almost like my body is missing something or lacking something - could well be the iron - so will take a serious look at that.
I have recently had a full blood count in the first week of October and that was ok then...but well worth checking again.

Thanks again

Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk