It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Well, Im longer on Tony Ferguson

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Well, Im longer on Tony Ferguson

Postby Vegetable » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:25 am

Hey everyone
I have had a pretty average few days. I had been doing TF for 4 days, and was absolutely starving and feeling very light headed and weak. I called the TF staff and they said this was detox and that once I was into ketosis I would not feel this way and I wouldnt be hungry and i would feel great. Well, yesterday (day 4) My family and i took my son to the zoo for his 4th birthday. I had my shake for breakfast and we drove the 1 1/2 hours to the zoo. After walking around for a few hours I started to feel really dizzy, so I sat down and had my lunchtime shake, and rested for about 20 mins. About 20 mins after that we were walking down a muddy hill to see the pygmi hippopotamus and I passed out. I hit my head on a bloody rock too. :shock: (im ok btw lol just a bruise) It was more embarrassing than anything else (their were people all around) so anyway, I had some more water and figured b*gger this. Any diet that will make me feel this horrible and unhealthy is not working for me. So, we walked to a kiosk and I got an avocado and chicken wrap and another drink, and immediately I felt really good. I had energy and felt great. We ended up doing about another 3 hours walking around the zoo (it was a great day otherwise btw, my son had a ball :lol: ) so yeah..... not much fun! So, I am not slagging off the diet because it really does work ( I lost 2.9 kgs in the first 3 days) But, for me at least it just wasnt worth it. Im going to give the leftover shakes to a friend who is doing TF, and I am going to go back to what I was doing (wholegrains, LOTS of carbs :lol: fruit, veg, yoghurt, low fat, low gi and the symply too good books) because I did feel really healthy doing what I was doing before TF. Cant wait to have the energy to do my aerobics and bellydancing today :D
Vegetable

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:30 am

Wow Amy I am glad that you were not too badly hurt.....I understand that you are not knocking TF!! You have to do what works for you and it certainly sounded like something more than just detox was happening to your darl! Good on you for getting something healthy at the kiosk...it would have been so easy for you to just get something junky....well done!! I am glad that after all your trauma through the day that you ended up enjoying it and it is great that your son had a blast!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:31 pm

hi amy wow a day at the zoo im glad your son had a nice birthday and you guys had a wonderful day :) im sorrry you fell over and hurt yourself. it was bloody hot yesterday too (in sydney anyway). but it sound sliek you kept yourself pretty well hydrated. sorry that the programme just didnt suit you. you have to try these things to see if works. i have heard a few people taking their shakes back and getting their money back because they were hungry all the time, feeling tired and dizzy etc. your health is most important amy so make sure you take care of yourself mate!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:15 pm

Very smart Amy, I thnk too many people stick with things that really don't work for them just because they 'should.' Well done for making the choice to go with what works for you rather than what works for tother people.

Bets of luck with your on going journey.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:56 pm

Glad your son had a lovely birthday at the zoo, that would have been so much fun for him. Hope the bruise doesn't hurt too much and it's good you are alright and weren't more seriously hurt.

Well done for listening to your body, as you say these things aren't for everyone. You gave it a go and learnt to listen to your body which I feel is a very important step on any healthy journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Justjudy » Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:07 pm

KimE wrote:Well done for listening to your body, as you say these things aren't for everyone. You gave it a go and learnt to listen to your body which I feel is a very important step on any healthy journey. :D

I just so totally agree with Kim. You certainly have taken a big step in listening to your body and then making a decision that affected your weightloss.

I am glad that you had such a lovely day at the zoo with your son after your bad start. It is always lovely to have a day to share and many memories to keep.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:16 pm

Hi Amy -- sorry to hear that TF wasn't for you. I think you've made a good decision to ditch it. I hope your head isn't too sore!

Maybe this little bit of weightloss you've experienced doing TF will be enough to kick start your weightloss again and get over that plateau :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Vegetable » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Thanks so much for the support and kind words everyone. No my head isnt too sore! :D LOL I just have a nice bruised egg on my head thats all! I feel great back on my healthy eating plan (dr phils ultimate weight solution eating plan) I just hope the scales will be happy too this week :)
Vegetable

Return to Weight loss Talk