It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:50 am

Free Newsletter

Self Sabotage

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Self Sabotage

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:54 am

I was going through my old WW weigh in books the other night and discovered something.

I have never lost 5kg with WW.

I always get to 3-4kg and quit. I am now sitting at the 3.8kg mark and have had a couple of bad weeks where I find myself unprepared foodwise so making bad choices.

I only lost .2kg this weigh in... HOWEVER this is the longest on WW I have been without any kind of gain.

7 years I have done WW off and on. I have lost 20kg a couple of years ago due to a huge turn of events in my life. I have no idea how I lost it, I just did.

I am determined not to quit this time. I will bet my 5kg bookmark, then my 10kg, and so on. Until I reach goal.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:24 am

hi electrongirl

i made it too my 5kg bookmark when i did ww the first time, then stopped losing weight. the second time i went i lost about 3-4kg and stopped again. i am now sitting at that same weight and still dont seem to be able to move past this 5kg hump! (its getting into the 70s and staying there for me!!)

we will both get there!! i know we can!!!
what reward are you going to give your self for your 5kg loss??
when i lose 5kg i am going to the hairdresser!!!! (usually get my mum or partner to cut my hair so i cant wait!!!)

good luck :)
beck
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby electrongirl » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:48 am

not sure about a reward. Money is pretty tight right now. Maybe get my nails done. I get my hair done reguarly so thats not really a reward for me.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby corolla_chick » Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:51 am

yeh, just something nice for yourself :)
i need a reward to encourage me to get over this hump!!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:37 pm

good on you nikki you dont need to give up!!! i think sometimes we get a bit scared of change or a bit cocky in our achievements and things just slide down hill. it sounds like you are confident doing your WW programme and it obviously works for you :) well done
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:10 pm

Good luck guys.

Those psychological barriers are the worst. Breaking them is such a sweet feeling and once you do you'll feel so much better for it.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Stick with it Nikki and stay positive. You will smash that psychological barrier. My barrier 7kgs and I smashed it 4 times over, you will smash yours too. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:27 pm

I know where you are coming from...I have this thing with the number 30kg!! This is why I have re-evaluated my goals and have now aimed for 25kg loss this year....you will get there, it is just a matter of perserverance and finding that 'rhythym' to keep you going...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Chelle » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:20 pm

You don't need WW to lose weight you know that you can do it you just have to have the determination to lose weight don't give up & don't think that you have failed in the past, start tomorrow fresh set out a goal & succeed good luck with everything.
Chelle

Return to Weight loss Talk