It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Free Newsletter

what do you reakon?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

what do you reakon?

Postby yummymummy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:20 am

Ive just noticed how my diet has become and Im not sure if its particulary healthy or not but it is maintaining my weight- I spend one week eating perfectly without deviating from the diet at all and the next week eating whatever I want, I dont go particulary excessive but I will have a glass of wine with my dinner and I will eat dessert if the kids are and I dont measure or think about healthy option at all(dinner last night was sushi, dalh a peice of bread and some homemade icecream)and this morning I know that Im back to my normal good self again and will be for the next week or so and this routine goes on and on. Ive joked that its good for the metabolism but Im not really sure if Im doing the best thing for my body What do you guys reakon????
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Vegetable » Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:21 pm

I guess that if you feel good about eating this way, go for it :D
I wouldnt think that you would lose much weight though. ( you dont really know if all your good work is being undone by your off week) so I suppose if you just wanted to maintain your weight this would be ok??? It probably IS good for your metabolism to shake things up a bit too :)
Vegetable

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm

If you are not planning on weightloss and you still feel well and healthy then why not?

For me on maintenance what works best is eating well during the week and relaxing at the weekend. Also if something comes up at work like a morning tea I tend to have some of that but if I find they are coming up too regularly then I skip a few and just have my own healthy stuff. Overall I eat very healthy yummy food and keep the 'sometime' food under control. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chelle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:33 am

Your metabolism must be really good at the moment. Just watch out because it might creap up on you & change & the unwanted Kj might go up on the scales
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:33 am

I have a friend who's a body builder and he does this zig zag cal tapering throughout the week to keep his metabolism high and to get the fat burning quicker.

He's actually suggested that I do it but I'm a bit iffy on it at the moment I want to get used to my new healthy eating before I start increasing cos then I might go a little overboard if I'm not careful :oops: .

Basically he eats cal controlled for 4 days then increases he's cals for the remaining 3 days. This tricks the body and makes your metabolism work faster.

If you are happy doing it your way and still getting results and can maintain a healthy balance without overindulging, then keep on going. Ever individual is different as what works for you, it may not work for someone else.

It looks like you've found your happy medium :D .

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:25 am

I agree - what you are doing sounds like it would be really great for your metabolism. Just don't use it as an excuse to go on a massive binge (like me :oops: )... sometimes the extra calories can have a habit of laying low for a few weeks then suddenly showing themselves later on. Cheeky little devils :evil:
SarahC

Postby bluebox451 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:01 pm

Tell me bout it!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
bluebox451

Postby yummymummy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:38 am

I think I do it because I dont have the ability to actually eat normally, if you know what I mean, its either diet diet diet or eat what ever I like there is no happy medium for me.....this is my way of finding balance, I guess
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Justjudy » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:10 am

Jody, I am exactly the same, and I think that is my problem too. It is all or nothing - there is no proper (normal) balance.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Return to Weight loss Talk