It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Free Newsletter

Back to Uni and I'm slipping!!!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Back to Uni and I'm slipping!!!!!

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm

Ok guys I'm now back at Uni and having trouble adjusting to the lesser workload and consequent more boredom to find tasty treats to eat.

I've now put back on 2kg despite the additional riding I am doing. What do you do to stop boredom/procrastination eating????
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:38 pm

keep my hands busy!! or my mouth :) i like to scrapbook or get online and i like to chew gum to keep my mind thinking that i am eating something!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:07 pm

I have to agree with Kate. Keeping your hands busy really helps. It also helps if you are totally involved in something. I like to stitch, knit or quilt at night (my worst time for picking) I, like Kate often chew gum - my kids tell me it makes me look like a cow chewing its cud :roll: - it means that I can't get anything else in my mouth at the time, and surprisingly tricks my tummy into thinking that it has something in it.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:17 pm

Cham, cham cham....don't you just love it when our kids point out the finer points of our existence Judy :lol:

Again I agree with Kate, keep your hands busy. Make yourself up some vege or sweet muffins to take with you...they are light and healthy but satisfying.....or try the muesli bar recipe I posted some time back...they are really yummy and you can make your own K-time version of them without all the gross amounts of sugar that is in them....you can freeze them and they make a great in-between meal snack....hope this helps you a bit!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:54 pm

Reading, doing puzzles, something that engrosses you so you don't eat...yeah and maybe chew gum at the same time.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Kate, I suspect you live inside my head. hehehe

If I need to keep busy I scrapbook or jump on this forum. No food near my scrapbooks 'cos I don't want to spill anything on my pages, and I can not bring myself to eat crap while I'm on this forum.

Have you got a hobby?

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Chelle » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:23 am

If I'm hungry I drink alot of water, because I have read that when your hungry somtimes your actually thirsty or I play games with my children, go to the gym or get out of the house or talk on the phone to family & friends
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:21 am

The laddies have already mentioned some great tips. I'll just mention one more :lol:

Why don't you write up a list (sorry I'm a list person) with all the things you could do to keep you entertained when boredom strikes. That way you just go to your list and see which one needs doing.

So I lied :wink: here's another - why not clean the house, while listening to ipod- you'll find yourself dancing away and having fun. A) you get incidental exercise and B) get a clean house. Or am I the only weird one listens to her Ipod dancing away while vacuuming :oops:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Dee » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:21 pm

I certainly dance around the house while I'm cleaning - CD player turned up as loud as possible, upbeat music and I'm off. I hate cleaning when my dh is home, 'cos he doesn't like my music.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Mandie » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:59 pm

my other tip is to go out shopping or something - trying on clothes always inspires me to NOT eat :lol:

otherwise, the gum thing or brushing your teeth works

or going to the library to study or something where you aren't allowed to eat?

or set limits - like you cant eat at your computer - and then sit on the forum all day! :D
Mandie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:27 am

LOL, I love you guys, always with the good tips and funnies! the image of bopping away with a vaccuum cleaner! :lol:

I'm having to work from home at the moment because my laptop for some weird reason won't connect to the wireless in my office and the Uni IT guys wont help because I have Vista which they don't support :roll: . This is bad because I have a whole kitchen of temptations. Mind you there is a box of fundraiser choccies at Uni too. I just can't win.

I have been very good today though and intend to not snack all day, just eat what I need only. AND I have been riding into town with the bloke (on his trip to work) and back every morning so I am still doing my exercise - about 30km I think.

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:52 am

ooh no this is a side track from your question Tegan, but what is Vista like??
[/url]
Ally

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:01 pm

I have vista Basic. As far as I can tell so far, it's pretty well the same old same old. It does the job, but everything is in a different place and is called different things which takes a while to get used to. My father has Vista Premium which has a few more cool toys.

As with most new operating systems, it has a bug or two. And it is a huge program and takes up the majority of my 500MB of ram just to run. Really it needs at least 1GB ram at the minimum is what I am hearing and starting to think myself. It also has a habit of asking your permission for absolutely anything - you go to access the programs directory "Windows needs your permission to continue". You load a new program "Windows needs your permission to continue" etc. This is good for security but can get a wee bit irritating after the 50 millionth time.

The other thing you should think about is that many Vista machines come with Office '07 which is VERY different to the previous versions of office including naming the files differently (.docx rather than .doc) which leads to all kinds of issues if you have to change between machines etc. Luckily this machine did not have Office '07 otherwise I would have been in big trouble.

We are seriously considering formatting the hard drive and putting Windows XP on instead. Our reasoning: XP works, Vista doesn't really give me anything more that I need, the Uni IT department will support XP and fix my issues. BUT at some point Vista will be THE operating system and everyone will be using it and it is now difficult to get any machine without it.

Hope that helps

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:13 pm

Yeah thanks for that Tegan....we were looking into buying it, but I don't think we will bother with it.....just sounds like a bigger money making scheme for microsoft!! LOL.....I like windows XP and have just gotten used to it, so I don't think I will change!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:43 pm

good on you for the riding tegan i bet you feel great for it :)

as for vista as lot of things arent compatible with it yet. my brother just brought a laptop with vista on it and wireless broadband and it wasnt compatible. he had to get this software stuff to make it work.
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk