It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Binge eating

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Kindred-Katt » Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:09 pm

Congrats Amy!

My dad always used to say the the first step to over coming a problem is admitting you have a problem and the next step is to ask for help.

It sounds like you are on the path you want to be on.
I hope it all works out well for you.

I don't know if I would fit into the category of being a binge/over eater... I know that sometimes I do have a big appetite but tend to stop when I feel full.
When I was younger I would eat just for the sake of it, and normally until I made myself sick. This was around the time I was diagnosed with depression and I realised that I was turning to food for comfort in a big way.

I feel thankful that I can control my desires/cravings for various foods and the feeling of needing to go on a feeding frenzy.

Again, good luck, and keep us posted. =)
When I am thin, fat will be in!

Postby blomby » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:18 pm

I once heard that this is the worst because unlike alcohol or drugs you need to eat to live, so i hope you are doing well and have stuck to the meetings if there helping you

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Im a total binge eater also, my friend and i used to go to sizzler and eat until it hurt! No really we couldnt breathe we would eat so much. I feel sick at the thought of it now!

Also a while back i started being a bit sneaky with food like hiding it and scoffing heaps when no one was around so people wouldnt know what i was eating (which of course was junk)! I know it was a problem for me at the time and ive dealt with that sneakness, but i know food is always going to be an issue for me, i just have to get control of it so it doesnt control me!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby zoeh » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:18 pm

oh i do the same thing!!!

I was on sureslim for a couple of weeks and felt great and every time I cheated and had a slice of cake or something I felt so sick from the sugar and got the biggest headspins and it was so good because it made me not want to binge on anything

Then i got a cold!!! And its all turned to crap and I have to start all over again

Ive had a cold for a month now!! I feel like I am always going to be nasal, its just who I am now haha

Return to Weight loss Talk