It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

Potatoes?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Potatoes?

Postby Tas » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:18 pm

Hi All,

I am laughing to myself because you are all probably wondering what on earth am I going to ask now :)

Are potatos fattening? If so, are you not supposed to have any when trying to lose weight? Do any of you have them?

I am not generally a potato fan but for some reason I could eat some mashed up - not a lot but some...probably because I am a little off my food and would rather not eat anything at the moment. I do normally go through these phases of not wanting to eat, which is why my metabolism is stuffed up :shock:

What ya reckon, yay or nay?? :lol:

Thanks again

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:47 pm

No. Potatoes are naturally low in fat, containing only 100 calories per medium potato. People often confuse the high calories in a topping with the low calorie potato underneath. So it's the fillings and toppings that you need to watch out for - not the potatoes.

Secondly, the fibre in potatoes tend to give you that nice "full" feeling so you're less likely to overeat. At the same time they pack you full of essential nutrients, which combined with exercise and a balanced diet, aids weight maintenance or loss. It's great to know that there's no reason for anyone to cut potatoes out of their diet.

Getting or staying slim is all about looking at how balanced your diet is overall - and whether you're doing enough exercise to keep trim.

Some people omit eating sticky starchy foods such as potato, pasta, rice and bread in order to lose weight, when in reality carbohydrates provides fuel for the brain and is stored in active muscles to power them when you're on the go.
The brilliant thing about potatoes is that compared to rice and pasta you get a barrel-load of nutrients as a bonus prize - and no fat. Perfect.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:18 am

Thanks Dolly - potatoes are ON the menu tonight :shock:

Tassie Pink eyes - I will only have a medium serviing with NO extra fattening bits on it....

......doing a happy dance for myself today...singing the word Potatoes 8)

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:38 am

Ha Ha! I can just imagine you out there singing praise to the potato!
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:58 am

Hey Dolly

Your attachment is a cariciature of ME - That's what I look like except you gotta imagine a spare tyre or three round the middle bits :lol:

Oh yes, I went out ot feed the goats this morning and I was tunefully singing "I'm gonna have a spud or twoooOOOOoooo tonight" "Yeah, Yeah, YEAH!!" :P

Where DO you get your attachements from??

Loved the shoes - realy sexy :twisted:

Cheers for making my day!

Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:00 am

Hi Maria,
I just go to http://www.google.com then I type the words animated smileys or smiley gifs in the provided search window and a selection of sites pop up for you to choose from click here - http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/
I also collect them on my travels to different message boards etc. thats how I got the singer one above, she's originally from a group called smiley central but because I'm not signed up with them, I have to snag them when someone who is signed up with them uses one of their animations.

You must then download them onto your own computer web space for them to become visible to everyone else on a forum (I have about 500 mini animations stored on my desk top folder & web space)
Most internet service providers offer the service of a web space and teach you how to use it.
Sometimes you have to pay a little extra for this service.

Even without a webspace anyone can make a folder and store pictures in it, that can be copied and pasted to any email.
Anyone can try snagging the above picture to their desk top.

Firstly right click on the above animation (or any picture you see anywhere on the internet)
Then a drop down window will reveal some words, left click your mouse on the words Save Picture As
You will now see a little pop up screen appear.
Next to where it says save in, you will see a little down arrow,
left click on it, the drop down window will reaveal many words, click on the ones that say Desktop.
Then left click in the File name window near the bottom and give the picture a name, like singer or whatever names pops into your head (you can even keep the name the same)
Then click on the save button and voila! (pronounced Whala) you now have the animation on your desk top to view or copy and paste onto your emails anytime you like.
When I collected heaps I made a folder and draged them into it.
It's good to build up a collection incase you get a web space one day.
Here's a few pictures anyone can practice snagging to their desk top if they wish.

HOWEVER, If you don't wish to store pictures and you don't think you'll ever get a web space, you can just visit this site and copy and paste any of the bbCodes written in the little windows to the Weightloss forum

click here - http://www.1000smilies.com/_char_animated.php

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:14 pm

Great Dolly, Thanks! I am gonna have me some fun playing with these attachments LOL
Cheers
Maria
Tas

Return to Weight loss Talk