It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:19 am

Free Newsletter

help! im loosing it after 9 weeks..

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

help! im loosing it after 9 weeks..

Postby nyz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:36 pm

Hi everyone!
ok..ive been going great for the first 2 months, but now im slipping! i cant get my motivation back that i did have, i think i have finally realised that this isnt a diet and a lifestyle...
I need some motivation to keep going, anything, quotes, stories, ideas...i just cant resist the things i used to be able to! and i hate feeling crap about myself again.
Thanks!
nyz xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWWOKMr/]
[/url]
nyz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:47 pm

hey nyz in the inspiration section you will find something to make you smile again :) and also check out the before and after photos- theyre very inspiring too. try and think back to why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. remember it wont happen over night, you have come a long way already and think of all the things you want to do in life but you are being held back because of your weight.
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:24 pm

just think how dissapointed you would be if you put back on all the weight that you have lost. You have worked so hard and should be proud of yourself.
your right, this is a lifestyle change not just a diet, its about making new habits and breaking old ones, I think your at the point where the old habits are trying to take over the new ones.
If you can stick to it for a few more weeks, you might find that the old habits arent so forefront in your psyche and the new ones are just becoming who you are instead of having to try so hard.

Keep going you deserve to feel healthy and good about how you look. you can do it, we are all here to support you when ever you need us..... :D
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Maybe find some clothes you wish you could fit into and focus on that? My mini-goal at the moment is fitting into a new dress that is a bit too small.. it's really motivating, I just picture myself looking fab in the dress and it spurs me on to keep exercising!

You can do it, we will support you all the way!! :D
Mandie

Postby Justjudy » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:23 pm

Everyone goes through these ups and downs Nyz. Hang in there, and just keep plodding on. It would be a shame to put all the hard work from the last two months to waste, you have done so well. Maybe do something that will boost you a little - a new haircut, or even some new undies. Mandies suggestion was great, something that is a little too small to work toward. If you haven't got anything, don't go and spend a fortune, go op-shopping, you will be surprised at what you might find - not only clothes, but a little bit of inspiration as well.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:17 pm

Like what Judy said -- what you're going through is completely normal. It's impossible for a human to be driven 100% of the time by willpower and to maintain motivation. The thing to do is just keep going. You've done so well already, it would be terrible to throw that all in. Lots of good tips on this thread to get you refocussed on your original motivation. Stick with it and we're here for you :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:24 pm

I just wrote a list of things I am looking forward to, to inspire me to keep going (on my personal progress thread). I was also looking over old inspirational posts. Maybe that will help you too? (to write your own goals, that is)
Mandie

You girls are amaing!

Postby nyz » Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:11 am

Agh i feel better all ready. Im going to go and read the motivational posts and re-write my goals right now!

Thanks so much girls, you are truley inspirational, and im here for you any time you need it too!

luv nyz
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWWOKMr/]
[/url]
nyz

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:58 am

hey !

thats great to hear that you are pumped and ready for it again! looking forward to seeing more progress photos!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:23 pm

It does get hard Nyz but the gals have given plenty of good advice and it sounds like you are feeling more motivated already.

I too had a bit of a meltdown when I realised this was for life and not just a 'season' but once I made peace with that things fell back into place. Be kind to yourself and above all don't give up. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Weight loss Talk