It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:40 am

Free Newsletter

ARGH! Wedding Stress Sucks!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

ARGH! Wedding Stress Sucks!!!

Postby 13words » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:17 pm

Grrr... I have been going really well, until now! With only four days left until my wedding I've been overcome with the biggest amount of stress and it's causing me to be hungry every night! I haven't put much weight back on yet, but if I don't stop it soon, I will! It's killing me!! I need some ideas on what to do when I start to get hungry! I used to be able to handle it but the wedding stress is making me weak!! I'm going to try to juice fast for the next three days to get my body back on track, hopefully it'll work!
SW: 126.4
CW: 103s
1st GW: 99.9

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:22 pm

wow so close to the wedding. thats come around quickly!! are you at the goal weight you wanted to be for your wedding?

im sure theres plenty of preparations to still be made for the big day so try and keep yourself busy. maybe catch up weith a few friends or go out with your mum for some last minute shopping or window shopping. maybe go and try some clothes on in the shops. by keeping busy you wont have time to be eating or thinking of food.

congrats on the wedding, i hope you have a lovely day, im sure you will. cant wait to hear all about it and i hope that we get to see some pics!!

Postby Chunkster » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:44 pm

I recently got married and the stress was insane!!! I made all the dresses (5 in total) myself and between my husband and our families we did everything even down to the bouquets and cake!!!

All I can say is try to calm down...the more you stress...the less you will remember and enjoy the seems like it is all a blur to me now.

Do something that relaxes you...go for a walk on the beach/park. Do some window shopping with your bridesmaid/s. Listen to some music that you like and take the time to just breathe calmly for a few minutes each hour.

Eat healthy and drink water and what will be will be!!! :lol:

All the best for your big day!!! Enjoy yourself and have fun!!!

Postby Mandie » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:44 pm

Don't stress out! Think of how amazing your big day is going to be, and look forward to the marriage! I'm so excited for you.. you better post some pics after the event!

Postby milkyway » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:03 pm

This is (hopefully!) a once in a lifetime event and you have to enjoy it -- so forget about all the stress, and forget about your weight. Believe me, in a few months when lost even more weight and you look back at this moment in time, you'll be slapping yourself for being so strict with yourself and not giving yourself the space to relax and enjoy it all. Have fun :) -- there's plenty of time for healthy eating and living in the days, months and years to come.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby dancer » Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:49 pm

Ooh Good Luck for the big Day.

I have to say I was the complete opposite the week before my wedding.

I mean yes I was stressed, but I was just so busy that for the first time in my life I hardly ate a thing.

I think you'll be fine, just try to relax and just think about how beautiful you'll look on the day.

Best Wishes.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

Return to Weight loss Talk