It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:39 am

Free Newsletter

Too much water??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby MissE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:58 pm

Is your Mum overweight Sarah? it sounds to me like she is a bit jealous that you are taking care of yourself and picking on you about it is her way of dealing with her own feelings of inadequacy.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby SarahC » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:20 pm

I'm not sure... she is definitely getting a bit bigger, and is always complaining about it and the fact that she can't stop eating junk food and can't motivate herself to go for a walk. She says she doesn't care and that she is happy, but it that's the case why would she be complaining??
SarahC

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:22 pm

Hey! I understand where your coming from. Its hard when you are making a positive change in your life and people bring there own negativity into it....

My mum has become alot more supportive of me, however at the beginning and sometimes nowadays she gets a bit weird with some things....

I think it comes down to that "old school" thinking and they arent sometimes really open to new things...my mum sticks to routine and doesnt really like anything out of the ordinary- especially when it comes to food!! Which is sad as she is overweight!

I drink over 3 litres a day and yeah I see the toilet ALOT throughout the day lol, its normal. Good on you for keeping your fluids up, and at the end of the day you dont have to keep on explaining yourself to anyone. If what you are doing is healthy (which it is), you are getting results and you feel good, then let people say what they like but dont take it onboard! :D
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:14 pm

i agree with kate, a lot of the older generations have an old fashioned way of thinking. theres no point telling them anything different!! lol. they dont listen and dont care- theyre too set in their ways
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:24 pm

hehehehehehe @ Kim!! I nearly choked on my water when I read that!! LOL :lol:

Sorry to hear that you mum is giving you such a hard time Sarah...maybe explain to her that you enjoy your fitness and being trim and in shape...it sure is better than being an obese lazy slob, that does nothing!! I hope things improve for you soon mate, you don't need added stress particulary from family members....you can't please everybody, so in your heart if you know that you are doing the right thing by your body, then ultimately it is none of anyone else's business :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:10 am

Thanks guys! It is certainly hard to change older people's opinions about things... they are so closed minded! Anyway I know I'm doing the right thing by my body, so who cares what other people think. It'd just be good to not be made to feel like an alien sometimes :(

That's where this forum is good. You can come here and at least feel normal :D

Hehehe I might need to start picking my nose, that would work I am sure. Twirling my hair also works a treat... my parents absolutely cannot stand it!! Apparently it will weaken my hair and make it fall out :lol:
SarahC

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:37 pm

LOL @ the hair thing...oh Sarah that would drive me nuts. Sounds like they will find something no matter what you are doing. You know you would still get complained at if you hardly drank water and didn't exercise. You can't win.

We loves ya and I think you are a setting a great example for others even if they don't know it. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby pixychic86 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:28 pm

well, i think that sounds fine. sounds excellent actually!

im a nurse, and know all about pee and diabetes.lol. eww i know.

if its clear, and not concentrated then thats fine.

when you start peeing heaps at night thats a common diabetes sign. but doesnt always mean so.

the average output of urine is 30-100mls an hour, which is good for ya kidneys and bladder!

Jess!
Lite & Easy gal!

12 WEEK CHALLENGE!!!!
(15/04/07- 09/07/07)

-START WEIGHT 96.6KG
week 1- 94.6kg
-------------------------------------------------------
HW-105.4kg
CW-94.6kg
GW-65kg
pixychic86

Previous