It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Have decided to try the Forever Slim program...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Have decided to try the Forever Slim program...

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:33 pm

I came across an add in the local paper from a Naturopath in my local area...advertising a 5 week program...didnt say ultralite but Im guessing it is after looking at the ultra lite website!

Have been in contact with the natropath and am going to organise to see her next week. Even though ive lost nearly 30kgs I just want to get to my goal "size"...im not obsessed with weight- I go on what I look like....

So I thought even though I am eating healthy nowadays, and exercising alot it might be best for me to try this and see how I go! I started off over a year ago on a low carb diet, so I know I'll be able to handle it easily!

It is a bit pricey- but I am not worried about that. I reckon it will be a good shock to the system and be good to see a naturopath and see what they are all about. I know how to do low carb but at this point I think I will be more disiplined if I follow the 5 weeks and set myself some goals.

So am thinking positive and look forward to getting some good weight loss happening. I have a good feeling about it so am gonna go and suss it out! Will keep you all posted and see if its a good program...have read the things people have said about it on here and sounds pretty easy! :D
*KaTe*

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:54 pm

hmmm, I just looked on her website and it said its the "Forever slim" program...cant find any info about it though...Im guessing its probably like utralite...
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:03 pm

its probably along the saem lines kate. let us know how it goes
best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:04 pm

Thanks! Grrrr 2 google lol, I finally found a page on it! Will c how it goes! :D
*KaTe*

Postby Vixen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:01 pm

Hi,

I started back on ultra lite 3 weeks ago and have dropped 12kg so far. I did 8kg in the first week and 2kg each in the second and third.

I did ultra lite back in 2004 and I dropped 40kg, but I gained 70kg back due to bad eating and medical issues. I have managed to lose 30kg by myself, by getting my medical issues under control, but I still have 40kg to go.

Let me know what you think :)

I pay $60 per week, I do think it is well worth it!
Start weight: 129kg
Current weight: 102kg
Vixen

Postby *KaTe* » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:28 pm

Vixen wrote:Hi,

I started back on ultra lite 3 weeks ago and have dropped 12kg so far. I did 8kg in the first week and 2kg each in the second and third.

I did ultra lite back in 2004 and I dropped 40kg, but I gained 70kg back due to bad eating and medical issues. I have managed to lose 30kg by myself, by getting my medical issues under control, but I still have 40kg to go.

Let me know what you think :)

I pay $60 per week, I do think it is well worth it!

Hi! Thats awesome, congrats! Thats a huge loss! YOu must be really happy!!!

I originally thought it was ultralite that i was going to do, but what Im doing is called "forever slim"...its very simular to ultralite except for the fact that its only naturopaths who do it!

Am really looking forward to it, am going to go tomorrow :D Will let you know how I go for sure!!!
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:38 pm

8kg the first week!! sheesh!
kate_turner2000

Postby RebeccaS » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Hi everyone.

I went into my local chemist this morning to ask about the ultralite program and got the biggest shock when i was told that it was going to cost me $80 a week just for some sachets and a chat.

i just cant afford that. Soooo i found the GI feel good Low carb made easy book and it is pretty much the same as the ultralite program. The only difference is you dont have a meeting each week and you dont get 5 sachets of what she told me was powdered milk with flavouring.

Hmm $290 versus $19.00 guess which one i decided on.
Temper is a valuable possesion.......Don't Lose it!!!
RebeccaS

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:02 pm

HI rebecca

welcome to the group. yeah there are a lot of programmes out there that have a big cost involved unfortunately. and whilst they work for some people they dont work for others. im sure with dedications and persistance you can achieve great things with the book you purchased :)
kate_turner2000

Postby RebeccaS » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:19 pm

I am hoping i do. I have been doing the WW program and dont seem to be getting anywhere.

I did the atkins diet about 5 years ago now and ended up in hospital on the verge of kidney failure so i am extremely cautious of how i go about this.

i just cant comprehend spending that amount of money on a weightloss program. If it was getting your meals made for you then yeah i could gel with that but just for a few sachets of powdered milk with flavouring and a friendly chat over a decaf coffee that i cant Gel with.

I know some people would need that check in each week and it helps them keep motivated etc etc but it isnt for me,

i agree with what ever works for you i just wanted to state what i thought about it.

Hope i didnt offend anyone as that was not my intention.

Kind regards
Rebecca :D
Temper is a valuable possesion.......Don't Lose it!!!
RebeccaS

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:48 pm

no i dont think what you wrote was offensive at all. that program just isnt for you and that is OK! im sure a lot of people here feel the same way about programmes that provide shakes.
kate_turner2000

Postby chunky monkey » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:44 pm

Don't mean to be tool, but what is Ultralite?? :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:22 pm

The program Im doing is called Forever Slim...originally I thought it was Ultralite....

The difference between ultra lite and Forever Slim are:

You can only do the Forever Slim program through a Qualified Naturopath, wheras Ultralite can be done through pharmacies etc, which is what I dont like about it...

So with the program I'm doing, I see my naturopath once a week, which I think is great as I can utilise her expertise...

I have paid $320 for 5 weeks...which is $64 per week. Yes It is quite expensive, but I dont have children, a mortage etc so is affordable for me. But when you think of how much it is to see a Naturopath alone, im guessing around $50 + per session it aint too bad!!!

The sachets are supplied, I have 4 per day with water. They are vitamins minerals etc...(basically like a protein powder kinda).

Today has been my first day..(YAY) and its gone well...have had a few headaches etc but thats normal. I have eaten a wide range of foods today, and am allowed 4 proteins and 20 carbs for my day.

Within a couple of days I will be in Ketosis and burning fat, which is awesome. All I have to do is check on a Ketostick my urine in the morning to ensure Im in Ketosis.

I did a low carb diet when I had personal training early last year...however I have learnt more in 1 hour with my naturopath than what I did a whole year with them... :?

I now know last year I was over eating, and not counting my carbs meant I wasent in Ketosis the whole time I was there...which is dissapointing considering the $1,000's of dollars I spent there last year...

Dont get me wrong, was great, I learnt alot and did loose weight...but Im just so excited with this program as it will be quick, Im learning how to burn fat efficiently, and will get to my goal weight quicker than I could ever imagine! Will let everyone know what my first weight loss is next week, its gonna be big :D Then once I get to my goal weight, i'll go into maintenance mode!

So yeah just thought I'd let everyone know what the g.o is with the program im doing..sorry about long post I'm a quick typer lol!!! :D :P
*KaTe*

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:31 pm

hey kate what sort of food are you allowed to eat whilst on it?
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey Kate :D

I'm able to have meats...
*Chicken *Beef *Pork *Lamb *Turkey

Some seafoods

Eggs, Certain cheeses....

Majority of veggies...so can have nice veggies and salads

Limited amout of fruit

Empower Foods products

Some nuts eg Almonds (YUM!) walnuts (YUM!)

Etc etc, was given a huge cook book with it, which is awesome, and can cook all Empower food recipes as they are all low carb. Had a gorgeous dinner tonight, was creamy tomato chicken..YUm!

So basically low carb, no breads, cereals, rice, pasta blah blah blah. Will all get introduced back into my diet later on!
*KaTe*

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk