It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Have decided to try the Forever Slim program...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 pm

can ya have cashews??

btw i lurve turkey!!
kate_turner2000

Postby *KaTe* » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:50 pm

Ha ha nah no cashews mate! They are awesome but hey, a motto I came up with for myself ages ago was....

I've eaten sooo much food in my time, have eaten so much of all the things I love. And to be the person I want to be I can go without having the foods for a little while!!!

I had almonds and walnuts 2gether 2day, they r so yummo!

And ewwww at Turkey, im not a fan lol! Im not a big meat eater, so will basically just stick to my chicken and beef!!

I always hated (well thought I hated) tuna, but had a little bit this morning in an omellete with capsicum and was beautiful!
*KaTe*

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:39 am

Hi Rebecca....my mum had the same thing happen with her on the Atkins diet, but she went in to actual kidney failure.....this serves as a warning that ketosis can be quite dangerous for some people not all, most just sail through with no problems at all, but I feel that not enough people know about the darker side of ketosis.....I hope you go well with your book, keep us updated on your progress!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 am

ewww tuna i dont eat any seafood at all. makes me heave
kate_turner2000

Postby enli » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:12 am

I have been on the Ultra Lite diet (my step dad is a naturopath)... It is fantastic for seeing results and feeling great but you do have to be careful. I was told that there are levels of ketosis and if you go in too deep and stay there for too long you can slip into a coma - that's why they give you the pee sticks to check yourself. I lost 9 kilos in my first week on it!

I didn't have success on it because when I came off it, I had a big eating frenzy missing all the foods I went without and chocked the weight back on. I wasn't serious and disciplined enough to stick with it :oops: . I also think that if I go slower and steadier, I will develop better habits and change patterns and my mind-set.
enli

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:22 am

hehehe pee sticks hehehe
kate_turner2000

Postby dancer » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:18 am

I tried this thing years and years ago. With the ketosis stick etc. and the sachets.

I just couldn't stick to it and I just don't think it's natural to be in ketosis like that. But hey if you want quick results.

Personally after years and years of trying for a quick fix, I have finally decided that just eating healthy, nutritious foods and doing daily exercise is the key to longterm success. I just need to get to normal you know instead of eating junk every day, just be normal.

That said, the lure of massive and quick weight loss is hard to resist, so good luck to you and I hope it works out. Just be careful and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't give you what you want in the end.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:02 pm

Cheers everyone for the warnings etc....

I have lost a fair bit of weight over the past year or so, and am just wanting to get the last 10 or so kgs off....

Yes it is a quick fix, well hey might take me 10 weeks but thats average...will have to see!!! The difference with me is I've learnt over the past year how to eat etc, and when I come off this program I will go back to my healthy eating...

If I eat crap food these days I feel tired and horrible so I avoid it, plus theres so many nice recipes to make that arent full of crap that fullfill that sweet tooth of mine! :D

So yeah all good with me. Day 2 and I feel awesome....I spoke to my Naturopath about Ketosis etc and she said it will be fine, im not worried...And I can see why people dont go well with these "quick fixes"...

There was an example on Today Tonight last night, about fad diets and how they dont work. Which is true...the problem is people dont LEARN...they just want to look good. Of course your going to put on weight afterwards if your go back to eating take away food, sugary sweets etc.

You cant expect the body to go from eating healthy nutritious meals to take away and not pile the weight back on!
*KaTe*

Postby *KaTe* » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:04 pm

hey is anyone able to change the name of this topic? When I first posted it I thought it was ultra lite but its Forever slim..so can someone please change it? I dont want people to get confused! :D
*KaTe*

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:31 am

How's that?

What do you think of the Empower products? I love them! I've got a stash of the bread, chocolate muffins and almond biscuits in my freezer at the moment. Yum... and quite filling too :D

I've also got some wheat protien isolate and almond flour on order from passthetoast.com (if it ever arrives :x ) so I'll be able to have a go at making my own... being an expert baker and all that... not!!

Good luck on the program. It sounds great!
SarahC

Postby *KaTe* » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:26 pm

SarahC wrote:How's that?

What do you think of the Empower products? I love them! I've got a stash of the bread, chocolate muffins and almond biscuits in my freezer at the moment. Yum... and quite filling too :D

I've also got some wheat protien isolate and almond flour on order from passthetoast.com (if it ever arrives :x ) so I'll be able to have a go at making my own... being an expert baker and all that... not!!

Good luck on the program. It sounds great!

Awesome thanks Sarah!

I really like the Empower foods products, have been eating them for a long time now, and is just an added bonus that most of there products are allowed on this program! They have so many great recipes on there forum, is really good!!

OOOhhh let me know how you go making your own lol, im sure it will turn out really nice!

And thanks for the good luck, day 3 today and im feeling alot better. Not hungry and feeling more energetic! :D
*KaTe*

Postby chunky monkey » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:02 pm

Have either of you tried the Fibre X? The personal trainer at the gym has recmmended it to me and tells me that it is really filling/low carb/low fat etc but at $12 a box I have baulked at buying it??

Thanks

Michelle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbij8Bk/]
[/url]
chunky monkey

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:17 pm

I have it all the time - it is delicious! I have it on it's own as a cereal or make pancakes and burgers with it. You can also make muffins with it but I haven't tried that yet :)
SarahC

Postby *KaTe* » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 pm

chunky monkey wrote:Have either of you tried the Fibre X? The personal trainer at the gym has recmmended it to me and tells me that it is really filling/low carb/low fat etc but at $12 a box I have baulked at buying it??

Thanks

Michelle

Hey Michelle! Yeah I can understand why you feel that way...but all Empower Products are quite expensive! If you are eating small amounts like me then it does last a while, 1/2 weeks maybe...but as Sarah said you can use it in lots of recipes to make some really yummy stuff!! :D
*KaTe*

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:56 am

I love the empower products. FibreX is awesome and makes some delicious muffins!!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk