It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 am

Free Newsletter

Im back!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Im back!

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:10 am

Hey everyone :D
Since my little whinge about my ex recently, I disappeared for a few days and had a nice little pity party for myself (eating all sorts of cr*p, no exercise, just sat around eating and feeling sorry for myself really, those damn easter eggs! :twisted: ) anyway, two days ago I decided enough is enough and went to see my gp about my weight and eating, etc. Well, he has recommended that I try Optifast (3 shakes a day and salad) for 12 weeks. He said that a break from worrying about which "good" foods to eat and which "bad" ones not to should be a big weight off my shoulders, and he wants me to get out their are concentrate on LIFE rather than FOOD. ( lol that will be a hard one! :D ) He also said that the weightloss should be quite significant, and get me over this binging cycle Im stuck in ) So, today I am starting Optifast, just having my first shake now :)
Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely easter and didnt go spastic on the choccie like I did :D ! Ill be back on tonight to reply to posts, cos Im on the run atm, cant wait :D I missed you all! xxxxxxx
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:22 am

hi amy i had wondered where you had disappeared to! glad to see you back and raring to go !! sorry you had such a horrible time recently with the binges and probs with your ex. perhaps your dr is right. cut yourself some slack for a change. looking forward to seeing how you progress :)

p.s. i had a hot cross bun and one medium sized egg. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:07 pm

Best of luck with it all! It might be a good idea to take the focus OFF food for a while, and just take the shakes and not have to worry about it...
Mandie

Postby KimE » Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:35 pm

Best of luck with Optifast Amy. Sounds like the doc has some sensible ideas.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Vegetable » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:41 pm

Thanks ppl :D
Im not sure how long I can keep up Optifast, even if its only a week or 2 to kickstart then that would be great :D I do looooove the way I eat though (WW Core plan) so Ill be relieved to go back to that in the near (or distant) future :D
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:43 pm

sounds like a plan stan!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:25 am

Welcome back Amy. :D Good to see you back at it, and rearing to go. I have a sister doing optifast, and she says it suits her, so good luck with it.

Glad to see that you are getting on with things after your slip up. Life is too short to sit around and eat, feeling like it is the end of the world, it is there to be lived to the full.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby tanya » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:11 am

how do you like the optifast shakes? i started out on them for a week before i moved onto tony ferguson. i didnt like the optifast shakes. i found they had a powdery taste to them and they just made me feel like throwing up lol. good luck with it tho. :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVAbhK/]
[/url]

'Changing to a healthier lifestyle'
Mini goal: To get to 85kg!
tanya

Postby Vegetable » Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:24 am

LOL yeah they are rank actually :shock: Really hard to get down, chunky in spots and thin in others (even done in a bullet blender) not fun at all...... yeuck!! lol
Vegetable

Postby SarahC » Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:01 am

Good luck with the Optifast program Amy :D Hope you manage to find a way to get the lumps out of those shakes!
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk