It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

Weightloss through exercise

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Donk » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:50 pm

On a working day I'll do about 8km walking (6km at lunch and 1km each way to and from work). At night I've started running about 5km on the treadmill, which has helped immensely losing my last few kilos of weight.

Basically now I feel like I should be doing some form of exercise and if I miss it I feel like I have to make it up. It's just amazing the way your attitude changes once you see the results.
Donk

Postby bluebox451 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:27 pm

I agree Donk, if I dont do it, I miss it (and I find that I'm grumpier than usual). Weird, isnt it?
And dietcoke, as I mentioned to someone else yesterday, you should never try to stick to the same calories every day. It is best to cycle your calories so if you currently eat 1200 (which is the absolute minimum) do that for three days, then have a higher day of about 1600, then back to 1200-1300 for two days and then finish the week with an 1800 day. This helps to ensure your body's metabolism stays "confused". People who eat the same and train the same everyday are sure to end up on a plateau. Hope that helps!
Liz :D
bluebox451

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:55 pm

mix up the routine between weight , cardio, walking/running & areobics
Chelle

Postby dietcoke » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:08 pm

Oh I can't wait to get to the point where I feel lost without exercise. Today and yesterday I have had ZERO enthusiasm about my cardio but excited about pilates. I forced myself into doing both...even threw in some skipping a couple of times yesterday. Hoping the extra endorphines make me look forward to exercising.

That's so interesting about mixing up your calorie intake. I've never heard that before. Kinda like how changing up your workouts shocks the body into burning more calories. I'll give that a go...thanks.
dietcoke

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:12 pm

i have to admit im not at the stage where i enjoy exercising. i do enjoy the feeling i get from exercising though and if i dont do it each day i feel like something is missing and feel heaps lethargic. im just not a very co ordinated person and have problems breathing whilst exercising so i try to mix my exercise up so i dont get bored with it
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:40 pm

I love exercise and even if I get to do nothing more than brisk walking it is still a good day.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby CMS » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:35 pm

You can't not exercise and expect to lose weight. Everything counts, if something seems to small to me like walking home for 5 minutes I always think 'hey your still burning calories' it helps when I feel like crap LOL

Anyway every second day is gym day. 30 mins -1 hour cardio work (bike, treadmill, rowing machine and sometimes cross trainer) then an hour of circuit weight training. After that if I don't feel like enough is done it's back to the cardio room.

On no gym days it's my aerobics dvd that goes 40 mins - 1 hour. It's called ultimate challenge ultimate results, works everything. Cardio, hand weights, abs, squats, stretching, push ups, everything lol. I often feel more out of that than the gym!

On lazy days or when I want to do more it's off for a run along the beach or a power walk.

It's really working I've lost 4 kg in the past month

:D
Willing is not enough; we must do. Knowing is not enough; we must apply ~ Bruce Lee
CMS

Postby local mike » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:24 am

I just jog for as long as I can each day, and watch what I eat. It's not that challenging so far. I mean, I have lapse days, but I don't let them get regular.

I just bought a friend's mountain bike from him, so I'm gonna try to go for a nice long ride every day or two, if I can. I went for a short ride yesterday and boy are my thighs killing, haha. A whole new area of pain, woo!
I has a jogblog!
When you open a can of whoop-ass, Chuck Norris jumps out.
local mike

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk