It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Weigh In Frequency??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weigh In Frequency??

Postby pinacolada » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:47 pm

Just wondering how often everyone weighs themselves? Is weekly ok or would it be better fortnightly?

Jaye
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6xpM6q/]
[/url]
pinacolada

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:50 pm

some do it monthly, three monthly, weekly, fortnightly etc. whatever you feel comfortable doing. try not to do it everyday if you are sensitive to what you see on the scales as weight can fluctuate day to day
kate_turner2000

Postby Dee » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:30 pm

yeah - I really should stop doing that, right Kate! lol
(Actualyy, I was chatting with my doc and she laughed - told me she used to have a weight prob and she still weighs every day, just can't resist - it's like when you have a sore tooth and you just can't keep your tongue off it.)

I think most ppl recommend about weekly - but the scales shouldn't be your main guide - perhaps give measurements a go?
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby vanessa0305 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:10 am

I weigh in daily. Same time every day. Some times I weigh in more than once daily but I only take the first weigh in weight as the right one.

I would be lost if I didn't weigh in everyday. I like to know exactly were I am at!
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby SarahC » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:26 am

I weigh myself every day too. I do get a bit put out if the numbers go up, and feel pretty happy if they go down, which is a bit silly. Normally I know the reasons for the fluctuations so it's not too bad. I find the daily weighing keeps me motivated and on track... usually :roll:
SarahC

Postby dancer » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:40 am

Weekly now as I was seeing to many fluctuations throughout the week and it would get me down and I'd then break out due to disappointment.

To stop myself weighing in every day I have put the scales away in the linen closet.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby MissE » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:43 pm

i weigh every morning before eating or drinking and after going to the loo. if im up, its incentive to be good for the day. if im down, its motivation to stay on track. but i only 'record' weight once a week, on the same day each week. the rest is just to keep me informed.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Chunkster » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:34 pm

MissE wrote:i weigh every morning before eating or drinking and after going to the loo. if im up, its incentive to be good for the day. if im down, its motivation to stay on track. but i only 'record' weight once a week, on the same day each week. the rest is just to keep me informed.

Ditto... :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby Sassygirl » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:38 pm

I used to weigh myself every morning - but if it didn't say what I wanted it to say it would make me feel really bad and down at myself for the rest of the day - so now I weigh in on a Friday and feel better about it.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:07 pm

I used to weigh in weekly (and sneak peeks most days) but now I am weighing in on a monthly basis because I'm sick of being dictated by the scales. I was placing too much pressure for the needle to go down and in turn it was affecting my confidence to continue if the result wasn't to my satisfaction. Now I go by clothing and measurements. As long as I exercise daily and keep to my kilojoule limit then I know I am doing the right thing. THis has worked tremendously as I am no longer ruled by the number on the scale.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Chelle » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:58 pm

I do it once a week every monday morning if I remember or if im not in a rush
Chelle

Postby Yorudan » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:35 pm

I weigh in daily. Which is really bad because my weight jumps around from day to day and even 500 grams can make me feel bad.

I think at the same time once a week would be better.
Before: 80
Week 1: 58
Week 2:56.6
Goal:54 by 1 May 2007
Yorudan

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:28 pm

I'm pretty much weekly when I remember so it's not the same day every week, usually Fri Sat or Sun. Always before brekkie and after toileting just before a shower. I don't look everyday. I'm the type of person who would hang too much on it if I did and I know the statistics behind why it's not that accurate.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Beach_Bubbles » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:56 pm

I used to weigh everyday, but the changes were so small so I didn't really feel any sense of accomplishment. My husband and I have started weighing in weekly as of today! Hopefully it will make for better success!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w17oEOm/]
[/url]
Beach_Bubbles

Postby Ally » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:58 pm

yes there is much debate about weigh in frequency....I weigh once a week, some weigh once a month, others weigh in daily, some several times a day......Personally I find weekly is enough for me, daily made me too obsessive!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk