It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Free Newsletter

Half Price Chocolate...ARGHHHH!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Half Price Chocolate...ARGHHHH!!!

Postby Chunkster » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:33 am

Hi All,

Just thought I would post about how difficult it was for me to walk past the half price Easter chocolate in the supermarket last night!!! :o

I wasn't even expecting it but when I turned into the next isle...there it all was...staring me directly in the face...mocking me!!! :lol:

My husband followed me and it was like we just stopped and stared at all the choccy bargains...drooling... :shock:

It was sad...very sad :(

I was very close to picking up a creme egg thinking well...this is all I'll have...it's cool...until my hubby said he wasn't gonna have any...and then I was all grumpy cause if I was hoofin into an egg alone and he was there doing push ups and sit ups...well...it wouldn't look good... :oops:

So we walked on and didn't get any...not even a little one... :lol:

Very proud of myself for that now...I mean it's one thing to just walk straight past the normal chocolate aisle...but we are talking about half price Easter goodness here!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby yummymummy » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:20 pm

Oh no the two things close to my heart chocolate and a bargain!! I remember when I was pregnant with my youngest kmart had mars bars out for 50c and I ate so many of them :roll:
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:33 pm

nice going chunkster. just think that all the chocolate has been sitting in the shops in their loading dock since before christmas last year with all the rats and mice and cockroaches. you dont need that stinkin' chocolate. im sure we ahve all had our fair share of chocolate over easter, now is the time to get our a$$'s into line and forget about it til next year.
kate_turner2000

Postby bluebox451 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:56 pm

My sentiments exactly!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
bluebox451

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:51 pm

I confess (although I didn't eat any) I did buy some Cadbury Eggs that were big and like $1.50 for the kiddie winks!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:11 pm

Well done on resisting buying any reduced choccies!!! Just remember to all who are tempted to buy half priced easter choccy....the calories aren't halved along with the price!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:28 pm

I bought nice discounted easter chockies yesterday... for my nieces and nephew who I saw last night.

Good on you for resisting. I've steered clear of the stupidmarket this week. I'm a weak one when it comes to bargains :P :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Chelle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:54 pm

I saw the specials too I know that they go down to 1/2 price on easter day but It is not worth it having an extra easter egg if it is only going to set you back.m but yes drooooool
Chelle

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:33 pm

Well done Chunkster a great job by you and your hubby. Snubbing the choccy....I like your style! :D

I think discounted chocolate should be just plain illegal.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Chunkster » Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:57 pm

KimE wrote:I think discounted chocolate should be just plain illegal.

Especially discounted Easter chocolate!!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:44 am

I think that after-Easter is a more dangerous time than Easter itself. Not only do you have extremely cheap choccies, but there's also the mountains leftover chocolate hanging around in the house :(

I asked not to be given any chocolate, but still ended up with a bit. It's all out in the garage next to my home gym. I have to climb around the gym to get to the chocolate... that ought to stop it being eaten haha. Plus it's just so cold out there, brrr :shock:

I wonder what happens to all those easter eggs that never get sold??
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:08 pm

lol they put a new use by date on it and it goes on the shelves next year hahaha
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:11 pm

SarahC wrote:I think that after-Easter is a more dangerous time than Easter itself. Not only do you have extremely cheap choccies, but there's also the mountains leftover chocolate hanging around in the house :(

I asked not to be given any chocolate, but still ended up with a bit. It's all out in the garage next to my home gym. I have to climb around the gym to get to the chocolate... that ought to stop it being eaten haha. Plus it's just so cold out there, brrr :shock:

I wonder what happens to all those easter eggs that never get sold??

Hey Sarah, if you don't want to eat them but hate the idea of chucking them in the bin why don't you donate them to the salvation army or some other charity that does food hampers to give away to families in need? When I made my home a junk free zone I gave all the processed, canned, frozen, soft drinks and junk food to a charity who do weekly rounds giving food hampers to families who are socially and economically disadvantaged. I'm sure the kiddies would be very pleased to receive chocolate.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:37 pm

That could be a good idea... I'll have to investigate!
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk