It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Free Newsletter

Kirsty Allie?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Kirsty Allie?

Postby Vegetable » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:59 am

Hey guys! :D
I saw the cover of Womans Day (or maybe woman's weekly??) and it had a slightly chubbier Kirsty Allie with the Title "I lost my fat battle" Poor girl. She has been such an inspiration to me. It must be so hard to do it publicly, where every treat, every slip up is seen and ridiculed (like Oprah's weight loss/gain/loss have become a joke) Anyway, Ill buy it today and let you all know what its about Either way, I think Kirsty is stunning and such a lovely person. Go Kirsty! :D
Vegetable

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:05 am

yeah its in this weeks womans day about it. how she is wearing looser clothes to cover the fact she has put on weight and how she is out and about eating take away. prhaps she is just having a bit of a relaspse and will be back on track again before we know it! it would be hard being in the spotlight like that where you are being watched every minute of every day. i guess thats what these celebrities get themselves into though :(
kate_turner2000

Postby dietcoke » Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:06 am

I know she's never going to live the weight gain down. I love Kirstie Allie no matter what way shape or form she is. She still cracks me up. I suppose it's the price you pay for being in the public eye but she's only human.
dietcoke

Postby catclawz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:04 pm

I think its sad that so much focus has been put on her weight, would be incredibly hard to live under that kind of public scrutiny. I no longer buy those womans magazine because of the focus they put on weight.. either under or over on celebrities, i really like my anonymous life...lol
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKGbOOn/]
[/url]
catclawz

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:39 pm

It must be really hard and because she has been a spokesperson for weight loss people now expect to never see her having something a bit naughty or a treat. Even if she does put on a bit of weight still it isn't really a big deal nor does it mean she has lost any battle. Being on maintenance for me doesn't mean I never gain weight I did over Christmas and over Easter it's what I do about it that will make the difference. I got through Christmas and I will get through Easter.

In the lead up to Easter we had more treats at work than usual and I had some of what was on offer. When these things come up at work sometimes I partake and sometimes I don't. Depends on how I am tracking over the month. I was asked by few people "should you be having that?" or "are you allowed to have that?". This happened more than once.
Last edited by KimE on Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:42 pm

oh i know what you mean kim. ill enjoy a coke zero at a family gathering and get snide remarks about putting weight back on or should i be drinking that? etc. it hurts as well as being frustrating
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:19 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:oh i know what you mean kim. ill enjoy a coke zero at a family gathering and get snide remarks about putting weight back on or should i be drinking that? etc. it hurts as well as being frustrating

wow do they really say that to you kate? They should be so proud of your efforts
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:21 pm

She is just like any one, you are always going to have battles with weight if you eat the wrong things. Though being in the public eye is only going to bring her attention about the weight that she has put back on & bring on depression again for her because of the media. I feel sorry for her because she had done so well.
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:24 pm

milo wrote:
kate_turner2000 wrote:oh i know what you mean kim. ill enjoy a coke zero at a family gathering and get snide remarks about putting weight back on or should i be drinking that? etc. it hurts as well as being frustrating

wow do they really say that to you kate? They should be so proud of your efforts

oh yeah mel family are the worst. my family have a strange sense of humour and as ive mentioned in another post recently, mick was the first one to tell me he is proud of me for ANYTHING in my life. how sad is that!
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:24 pm

catclawz wrote:I think its sad that so much focus has been put on her weight, would be incredibly hard to live under that kind of public scrutiny. I no longer buy those womans magazine because of the focus they put on weight.. either under or over on celebrities, i really like my anonymous life...lol

I agree catclawz - I find those magazines so hypocritical - on the one hand they have articles about loving yourself the way you are, the next they're sledging Michael Douglas' wife (forget her name) for putting on a few pounds and then highlighting how quickly starlet A 'got her body back' just days after giving birth, and then show pics of Starlets B, C and D with dimply thighs frolicking on the beach, taken with a telephoto lense from two kilometres away! And heaven forbid, here's a pic of Kate Winslet without her make-up on. OMG - they're actuall real people just like us :shock: :o :shock: Oh and isn't Pierce Brosnan a top bloke because he supports his chubby wife :roll:

I just think they send a lot of mixed messages with the intent of making a tidy profit by scandalising the lives of ordinary people who just happen to have somewhat interesting jobs and live their lives in the spotlight.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:45 pm

milkyway wrote: [the next they're sledging Michael Douglas' wife (forget her name)

catherine zeta jones :P
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks Kate - I don't know why I couldn't think of her name. She's absolutely gorgeous. Very stunning woman.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:35 pm

she is beautiful. im so envious
kate_turner2000

Return to Weight loss Talk