It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:55 am

Free Newsletter

something made me wake up

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

something made me wake up

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 pm

You all know how I have started over and over again and how much it despesses me.
I wanted to share this with you all coz I think its a great success that I have woken up and what made it happen.
The other day at work i was talking to 2 workers about my struggle and how I ate while growing up in the family home.
They gave me great advice which I am so impressed about.

On friday I made a total pig out of myself. I ate biscuts and had lasagne for lunch with the kids, I was so full and then a worker asked if I wanted kfc. I was so full but coz it was kfc I went ahead and ate it. I felt so embarressed eating it infront of my friends after the conversationo we had especailly since I was not hungry infact I was stuffed before I had kfc.

I jumped on the scales and they were back to 82.5kg

So last night we went out ate and had drinks and today I have woken up with such a positive mood with the other day lingering in the bak of my head. I dont ever want to forget that day, it is such encouragment to me.

I have been really good today and instead of eating chocolate i had carrots for a snack and I ate a salad and ham wrap instead of pasta.
I also made myself vaccum and mop which would count as extra exercerise. I will also walk to dog latter on.

I can do this now. I am sure off it.

thanks for listening
Mel :)

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:31 pm

Don't worry about friday, that is in the past. Sound's like you are getting back on top of thing. Do you have a daily food diary, that might help you get back into the habbit???
Chelle

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:36 pm

Chelle wrote:Don't worry about friday, that is in the past. Sound's like you are getting back on top of thing. Do you have a daily food diary, that might help you get back into the habbit???

I do but I have decided not to use it yet, I will write down in her on my daily progress but I think that at the moment having a diary will remind me of all the crap eating days as they are written down and for me thats not to encouaging

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:55 pm

Well you have lost the weight before you know that you can do it again, you just got to get that motivation back in to you.

What about writing notes down to remind you not to eat a certain food if you do feel like eating it then do somthing to distract yourself or punnish yourself if you eat it like on a positive note go for a walk, do so many situps / push ups ect.

I have been really good today and instead of eating chocolate i had carrots for a snack and I ate a salad and ham wrap instead of pasta.
I also made myself vaccum and mop which would count as extra exercerise. I will also walk to dog latter on.

I can do this now. I am sure off it.

See you have already started well done just remind yourself of your motto .."I can do it. I am sure of it"
Chelle

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeah thats right. Although I got to admit I am feeling lazy today and not looking forward to walking the dog

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Chelle » Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:07 pm

well at least you going for a walk
Chelle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:29 pm

hey mel thanks for sharing that with us. we all have embarrassing moments like that and we feel ashamed about it but the positive out of it all is that we have learnt something. we all know you dont want to be at the weight you are at now so we will try and help you as much as we can (from afar of course!) to stay on track. how about sitting down and planning some yummy meals this week? head to the recipe section and see if there is anything you like. thats a starting point.
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:42 pm

thanks kate I worked out my meals for tommorrow so that is my aim to stick to it. I am taking a musli bar and yogurt to work to snack on as well as fruit so I should be ok as long as I keep away from the lunch which is spag bowl and the biccie cupboard :oops:

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:43 pm

hey mel i found with being at work was that i would take fruit with me. i usually took my quota of fruit for the day- like 2 green apples and i would eat those whilst the kids had their lunch. try and eat your healthy snacks at the time that they eat their lunch
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Thanks Kate thats my plan. You know I think I stuff up alot to because I tend to plan ahead rather go day by day and then when I stuff up I think well I stuffed it up today may as well start again next week kind of thing.

So one day at a time it is now :D

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:32 pm

you were putting too much pressure on yourself mel. these are supposed to be changes you are making for life. we are all too busy and stressed out to have that much pressure and expectation on ourselves.
kate_turner2000

Postby milo » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:37 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:you were putting too much pressure on yourself mel. these are supposed to be changes you are making for life. we are all too busy and stressed out to have that much pressure and expectation on ourselves.

Well yeah thats right so I think that added pressure just makes me fail every time. I am trying to keep this new attitiude up so wish me luck

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:44 pm

Hey Mel, you are sooo hard on yourself! It's really hard to make big sweeping changes to your life in just one day, so try to do just a little bit at a time.

I first gave up alcohol (4 weeks) then tackeld my sugar demons (2 weeks) and then upped the exercise (started running more) but there is no way I could've made all these changes at once. I would have failed for sure.

Just focus on changing one small thing at a time. This week, just introduce that daily walk into your life. And maybe the drinking 2 litres of water a day thing. Do that for a week and don't focus so much on your food. Next week, commit to staying away from the biccie jar -- or something like that, you'll work it out - what's best for yourself. Achieving a small goal leads to achieving more small goals which lead to achieving a great big goal when you put it all together.

It sounds to me like you're struggling with your weightloss journey because you're trying to do too much at once and because it's so hard, you end up giving up on everything. It's like it's all or nothing with you, so take a step back, write up the reasons why you want to lose weight, then think of all the individual things you can do to work towards that goal and pick one or two that you could stick to for a full week or two (no excuses!) and then stick to them. You will feel amazing for achieving that goal.

And remember, when you're feeling down or depressed, exercise might be the last thing you WANT to do, but it's the first thing you should do, because it really makes you feel much better. It's just getting over that hump to put on the exercise clothes and get out the door, even if it's just a brisk 20 minute walk.

Good luck, Mel. We're all here for you :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby milo » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:18 am

thanks Milky what you have said is so true. Thats me all over.

I still feel positive today so that good. I even got up at 7 30 and took the dog for a walk this morning :shock: Both me and dh can not believe I actually did it lol...

WEEK 1 - 86.5 kg
WEEK 2 - 84.9kg
milo

Postby Maraver » Tue May 01, 2007 7:24 am

milkyway wrote:Hey Mel, you are sooo hard on yourself! It's really hard to make big sweeping changes to your life in just one day, so try to do just a little bit at a time.

I first gave up alcohol (4 weeks) then tackeld my sugar demons (2 weeks) and then upped the exercise (started running more) but there is no way I could've made all these changes at once. I would have failed for sure.

Just focus on changing one small thing at a time. This week, just introduce that daily walk into your life. And maybe the drinking 2 litres of water a day thing. Do that for a week and don't focus so much on your food. Next week, commit to staying away from the biccie jar -- or something like that, you'll work it out - what's best for yourself. Achieving a small goal leads to achieving more small goals which lead to achieving a great big goal when you put it all together.

It sounds to me like you're struggling with your weightloss journey because you're trying to do too much at once and because it's so hard, you end up giving up on everything. It's like it's all or nothing with you, so take a step back, write up the reasons why you want to lose weight, then think of all the individual things you can do to work towards that goal and pick one or two that you could stick to for a full week or two (no excuses!) and then stick to them. You will feel amazing for achieving that goal.

And remember, when you're feeling down or depressed, exercise might be the last thing you WANT to do, but it's the first thing you should do, because it really makes you feel much better. It's just getting over that hump to put on the exercise clothes and get out the door, even if it's just a brisk 20 minute walk.

Good luck, Mel. We're all here for you :)

Thats great advice I learnt a lot from it too many thanks
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Return to Weight loss Talk