It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Sugar crash

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sugar crash

Postby dietcoke » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:33 pm

Usually after eating biscuits, chocolate, cake or anything high in kj I find myself feeling so guilty I just want to go to bed. Today I allowed myself some chocolate because I have been so good and had a REALLY strong craving - I figure I'll just run harder and do extra pilates tomorrow. Since I wasn't preoccupied with the guilt I noticed something. I have had the biggest sugar crash. Only 1/2 an hour after eating the chocolate I was dead. Tired, grumpy and sad...actually sad. It's so weird that I never noticed that it wasn't ONLY guilt I had to battle before. Amazing what you realise when your mind is clear. So maybe next time I'll remember that feeling before scoffing down the choccie...ah who am I kidding :roll:

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:15 pm

yeah thats odd because foods like chocolate and oysters etc are supposed to release the feel good hormones!! but i think that when you have that sort of food sometimes you just dont feel good in yourself. you feel 'off' in a way.

p.s. it wouldnt stop me with chocolate though!

Postby dancer » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:26 pm

It's great having those "Ah Ha" moments.

This is something I'm really working on at the moment too. Having my mind clear and really acknowledging how I feel physically as well as emotionally after eating and before eating too.

I think I would still have a little choccie though too. It's just too good.
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

Postby milkyway » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:37 pm

What an interesting realisation!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg

Postby dietcoke » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:43 pm

Maybe my body just doesn't process sugar very well. I know I always get a headache if I eat too much sugar but I didnt know that being really tired and moody were the other side effects. I LOVE sugar. Just hope I can remember that horrid feeling the next time I reach for the tim-tams...hehehe...doubt it.

Postby SarahC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:45 am

What a great breakthrough! Hopefully you'll be able to take something from it :)

I know since I cut way back on sugar that I'm really sensitive to it now. I feel all tingly and jittery. And I swell up, which is a horrible feeling as all the fluids under my skin make my skin hurt, especially the skin over my tummy :shock:

The sugar free chocolate is a bit too good though (I'm now not buying that anymore :roll: )

Return to Weight loss Talk